• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I am home - My Bypass diary

Hope your feeling better soon - just think you will have the whole summer to rest and see the new you taking shape. Everyone feels a bit low a few weeks after surgery but you have had a good weight loss and that must keep you smiling - it's good for you

I'm glad your home and i really enjoying your experience - reading everyone's blogs etc really help blow away the negative thoughts!!! I hope i'm as brave as you when it comes to my turn. Keep up the good work

Hi All,

thanks for all the comments and glad it has helped you up coming ops !!!

In answer to the pain question - as I said your head is a bugger and this IS NOT AS BAD AS IT WILL MAKE U THINK IT IS !!

yep the drips scratch a little going in and I have VERY difficult deep veins, as for the tubes I didnt have a drain or nose tube only a catheter it goes in when you are in the land of nod nod and it really isnt a bother when it is in and it it doesnt hurt coming out - hope that helps. the pain after is controlled by the marvel of a morphine pump !

well day 5 after op now and I can honestly say I am feeling good.

Still a little sore and emotional but getting better all the time.

eating is going OK , to be honest I have trouble getting my fluids in

I have through the day :
1/2 weetabix
Protein shake
soft food about 2 tbsp- (prawn puree is recipes section is YUM )
Protein Shake
soft food about 2 tbsp houmous last night

I know the dieticians here advise against protein powder but I cannot honestly see their justification in this - how can you possibly take in an adequate protein requirement without ???

The only problem I have is with those revolting dissolving tablets they make me gag and I need to find an alternative fast !!

I do feel like a junkie going cold turkey and it aint easy the head hunger is the biggest problem of all not the surgery itself !!!

will keep you updated

Liz
xxxx

well one week today.

Apart from my first dumping episode today on a new sugar free protein powder ??? I cant complain.

My wounds are healed I have no pain really, I am keeping active pottering about - bit hard not to be with a 2 and 3 year old !!

Food is going down fine , have had terrible constipation but upped the fluids strangely enough I guzzled squash sugar free and water pre op now I cant stand either of them but I am liking 1/3 OJ with 2/3 water which I can stomach and got things moving so to speak -

having good variety of mush - softly poached egg in sauce, prawn puree ( recipe on forum ) hummus, bean soup, chicken and veg soup ,weetabix, yoghurts, mashed nana all fine

head hunger is still a problem the emotions have settled a little but I am cold turkey its gonna take a while !!!!!

Liz
xx

Hi
first rubbishy day today
felt quesy for most of it couldnt manage solids so stuck to my protein shakes

Anyway apart from that everything is fine spose there are good and bad days early on.

cant complain after only 9 days out !

and the dumping is definately down to the fruit juice even watered down !

xxx

Hi...just read your blog. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. How are you doing? I'm waiting for my date for Gastric Bypass. How long did you have to wait from your 1st consulation with the surgeon to the date of your op? xxx

well - nearly 3 weeks in.

Feel fine had a wobble last week emotionally but I think I am getting my head around this a bit now.

I do 3 small meals and 2 protein shakes find it difficult to get the fluids in but I force it down I didnt use to have that trouble specially when pimms o clock called in the summer evenings !!!

Been sick a couple of times but my fault for not chewing and eating too fast but I am getting much better at that now

I have lost a total of 12lbs since op day and a total of 2 stone 2lbs since pre op
gone down 2 sizes and the compliments are rolling in and I feel great !!!

Thanks to everyone
xxx

Hi its amasing how it just falls off isn't it, and the drop in sizes still bemuse us even though we know we have lost the weight we cannot physically comprehend it. You are doing really great, hope the rest of your journey isw as smooth as the start

Back