• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how do you pay privatley?

Inked_Up

hi everyone, im waiting to see if i can have funding for a bypass as my nhs lapband hasnt worked ive had it 7 years now, one of my surgeons consultants said i have more chance of winning the lottery to be accepted for funding :(

i wonder if some of you private bypassers could tell me if you dont mind how i go about paying privatley?

my credit rating isnt good, do you just take a loan out? or is there plans you can pay montly ect, i dont have a clue where to start and im so desperate for a bypass its ruining my life thinking about it.
thank you.

For us, we pulled the money out of our savings account and have been saving monthly to repay it. I haven't heard of pay monthly bypasses but I do know some people have taken out loans for it.

Hi,

I have been looking in to this as I am in the same kind of position as you. I haven't seen my doc yet but my chances of getting a band on the nhs aren't good, my credit rating isn't good either. Surgicare offers a payment plan which covers 100% of the cost at 0%apr BUT it is only for 10mths, therefore if you were paying back say 10k then it would be 1k a month for 10mths (alot of money!!!). It will also be underwritten so you still would need to go through a credit check and if your credit history isn't great then you prob wouldn't get it.

A few other clinics offer their own finance packages too but they are all the same in the respect that they would be underwritten and require a credit check for the loan.

The other options are credit cards, adding to mortgage, loan from bank ect. Other than that there are loans for people who have less and great credit but these are usually home owner loans so you would require a mortgage to get one of these (I don't) and the apr rates are usually pretty high.

The other option is a family/friend loan but most people don't jave that kid off money lying around. Saving up wil take a while. It's not easy especially when you feel you need this right now like I do.

If anyone has any other ideas I would be iterested to hear aswell!!!

It's a nightmare to raise (and spend) that kind of money.
I used my divorce settlement money even though it meant me moving out of the family home. I figured I'd rather be slim and living with my daughter than fat and unhappy rattling around a three bedroom house on my own.
I had my surgery with Healthier Weight and got £1,000 "December special" discount. I also have been given some vouchers that could save another couple of hundred pounds, even so it cost me £9,500 (EEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!)
I still see it as the best money I have spent, even though it is early days surgery wise.

Do you know why your band didn't work? I ask this because my friend is having her band removed and a by-pass because her band wasn't working as is was broken. Is it worth trying this path?

The additional problem you have is having the band removed in addition to the by-pass as this type of surgery has an added cost. The surgery is also more difficult. It might have ti be done in 2 stages.

Do you know why your band didn't work? I ask this because my friend is having her band removed and a by-pass because her band wasn't working as is was broken. Is it worth trying this path?

Hi Sarah my 2nd band is not working just like the 1st, i dont want it fixed for a 3rd time i can and do work well with banding when the band its self works efficiently, so im also looking towards a bypass instead i will get a decision soon from my nhs surgeon as i cant keep letting them repair me as each time its scarring my stomach.

The additional problem you have is having the band removed in addition to the by-pass as this type of surgery has an added cost. The surgery is also more difficult. It might have ti be done in 2 stages.

I agree this is also a problem being in 2 stages, when i went band 2 band it was one op but i was told originally it would be 2 surgeries, so if paying privatley then the funding wouyld have to be found for the bands removal as well, the wait between removal to re surgery is usually 6 weeks to settle down. I do feel for people that cant get nhs funding especially for revisional surgery like im needing yet again x

hi everyone, im waiting to see if i can have funding for a bypass as my nhs lapband hasnt worked ive had it 7 years now, one of my surgeons consultants said i have more chance of winning the lottery to be accepted for funding :(

i wonder if some of you private bypassers could tell me if you dont mind how i go about paying privatley?

my credit rating isnt good, do you just take a loan out? or is there plans you can pay montly ect, i dont have a clue where to start and im so desperate for a bypass its ruining my life thinking about it.
thank you.
Hi, sorry to hear that your 'band' has not worked. Can I ask how and why it failed? I have heard nothing good about them recently! With regard to the finance I cannot offer any additional advice, but do NOT use money lenders or similar, otherwise it will not only be the 'band' that is getting you down! With regard to your username, does it refer to tattoos? Hope you do not mind me asking, it's just I have quite an intrest in the art. Regards - Paul x

Hi Liz, you just want another op to complet the 'set', Lol - Paul xx

:rolleyes: yes Paul lol xx, on a serious side tho im feeling a little lost and unsettled right now :(

thanks everyone, it looks like theres nopossible way i could pay for this myself, ill just have to hope and pray they will accept my funding, if not i will appeal, my band has never really done its job properly, im either too tight where i can keep my own saliva down or too loose, when i do get the right tightness it goes after a few days its a never ending battle, weve been trying to get the fill right for 7 years and my weight has been up and down, at the minute i weigh the same as i did when i had my lapband op 7 years ago :(
the bypass is my only hope now.

paul, yes my name inked up does refer to tattoos, i have a huge one on my back, and about 10 others, and in teh process of getting more, i think its an addiction lol!

thanks for your help everyone xx

Back