• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what will you do

hopelesscase

Just been really brave after my shower and had a long hard look at myself in the mirror naked:eek:.

From what i see im going to need a full body lift plus boobs(dont know wether to roll them or fold them into my bra) arms (being one of my biggest issues as i dont want to have to wear long sleeved tops all my life)and legs. I have always had folds and creased and although some of them like on my back by my waist have decreased i have a lot more appearing like on the top of my buttocks. It really does look like elephant skin all creased and wrinkled.:cry:

i know when dressed i look ok apart from my mid drift but my trinny and suzanna smooths that out(not sure about during the summer though)

I aware that some PCTs wont fund plastics and some will on medical grounds (repeated infections, psycological issues etc) but i am just wondering what you would do if you needed extensive reconstruction and yr PCT wouldnt pay.:confused:

I know i still have a long way to go and things may inprove slightly but i wonder by how much if any.

thanks for reading and any comments
carole

Carole, I dread what state my body is going to be in when I have lost my weight.

I already have an enormous overhang/apron thanks to my 2 big babies and thats while Im still 8 stone at least overweight. I have lost weight before and got down to 13st 13 with a BMI of 31 and the apron was horrendous it hung quite low then so god knows what it will be like when Im at a BMI of 25/26 which is were I really want to be.

I already get occasional rashes/infections underneath my apron and they were also worse as the weight came off last time.

As for my boobies.... well anyone thats met me will tell you that they are mahoosive. They are going to be like spaniels ears I reckon by the time Ive finished.

As for what I will do if my PCT dont fund plastics.... I dont know. I cant imagine being able to self fund any operations at the minute. I guess I will have to wait and see how bad it really is and whether I can live with it. I wouldnt rule out getting a loan if its very bad.

Hiya I know where your comming from on this :cry:

As for boobs they are a bit saggy but I will just go for a good bra as having had a large pre-cancerouse breast tumor removed Im wary of having anything done to them.

However if I could possibly afford it I would look at having a tummy tuck....I have paid privatly for my Gastric band and got a 5 year loan...so maybe when thats paid off if its still really bugging me I can get another loan and get that done. I would need what they call and apronectomey...as I have an apron of skin that hangs down at the front from where I had my daughter 17yrs ago....I carried a lot of water in my "bump" round the baby... when I was pregnant and went from having a size 12 waist to having a 54" bump during the pregnancy I got horrible horrible finger wide strechmarks across my whole belly:cry::cry: (I only put on 2 stone during the pregnancy) and these of course made my skin like corrigated card afterwards...however I did then eat my weigh to 17st and never gave my skin the chance to return to normal...co now its looks awful:cry::cry:

i had an apron before i even had my son 20 yrs ago and it just got worse as the years went on.
anyone know where to check to see if your PCt will fund

Carole, I am at a loss as to what I will do as well. Right now I know that my bat wings will have to go, they are starting to embarrass me. For my other bits maybe I will be able to cope once my overall size is small. Not sure, will have to see. I am planning on the arm lift as a surgery I will fund in 2-3 years. As for anything else, I will probably pursue the NHS route on the basis of skin rashes & mental issues once I have reached goal. If they say no then I will have to think about what small things I might be able to afford myself.

Not a happy thought, but a real concern for many. I am in that saggy boat with you Carole :confused::confused::confused:.

Nic

I think i'm one of the fortunate ones in that my pct Sunderland being a centre of excellence for WLS will fund Plastics, I know several people in my area who have had TT's already, but I think I will need the full works...

Can I ask do you ladies(sorry I'm rubbish at remembering names as I'm typing) who have lost a lot of weight, do you exercise? and if so have you found much of a difference?

There are a number of places i know will HAVE to go on me already, i am getting sweat rashes under my 'apron' something i have never had in the past, but then i have only ever managed to get down to this weight once before. My breasts are well saggy, and will definately need a lift, i have batwings and now cannot wear tops without at least a short sleeve, my inner thighs look like i don't know what with the skin starting to hang down them, thankkfully i am not going to need any on my face that nd the back of my hands have returned to a reasonable elasticity hopefully they will remain that way. Paying for it is another matter, as i was private i do not really stand much chance of getting it on NHS plus i do NOT want to be 9-9.5 stone so my BMI is going to be a little higher then they would like for it that only leaves private. Jonah has said he will pay but he is also going for a gastric bypass sometime next year when he has the finances up together. Taking that into account i am not expecting him to pay for everything i will need, but knowing him he will pay for the tummy and breast lift/enhancement as a minimum.

Carole whats the name of your PCT?

I just remembered I think I'm right in saying that my plastics would want a bmi of 26.

Tendersage, I would certainly approach your pct and raise with them that you saved them the cost of your op and the lease they could do is help with plastics..its worth a try.

I know people who have had a band done privately and managed to get aftercare on Nhs after appealing to pct.

I have these problems also. I'm 29, but have been overweight most of my life and as a result, my skin has stretched way too far for it to go back.
I look in the mirror and all i see if skin everywhere. I know that when i've lost all of my weight, i'm going to need extensive surgery.
My arms, tummy, legs, breasts etc i can see the skin sagging already. And i have no idea what i'm going to do about it. I can't afford that sort of surgery, and i'm going back to Australia where this type of thing is not covered. Even though my PCT wouldn't fund all that surgery anyway.

I'm really worried about it. I felt awful being 23 stone, but i'm concerned i'm not going to feel any better when i'm 12 stone and have so much excess skin.
I want to be able to wear sleeveless shirts and dresses in summer. And i don't want to have to wear corsetts or the like for the rest of my life, especially in summer.

It makes me wonder what's worse, being 23 stone, or being 12 stone with severely saggy skin.

i was told point blank at my initial consultation with mr sommers that my pct have never funded any reconstructive/cosmetic surgery after wls so i know im not going to be getting it i dont really care about my arms or legs my apron bit is gona be minging and my boobs arnt shrinking to quickly yet but i may end up not going down to the lowest weight i can if it gets to bad id rather be slightly overweight still and happier with my body than thin and miserable because i cant bere to look at myself

I just remembered I think I'm right in saying that my plastics would want a bmi of 26.

they did my t/tuck and i think my bmi was approx 31 at the time, plastics is wanting my bmi down to 28 before any more plastic ops. it depends which surgeon makes the decision as theers 2 of them deb, 1 is a stickler for bmi's and the other is more easy going.

I had an uplift just over two years ago (Im a work in progress lol) I was 13 1/2 stone then (gave up smoking to av the op and then piled on weight:(). Im alot bigger now and Im worrying that when the weight comes off will the boobs drop again or will they 'stand up ' to it so to speak.Hey ho we will have to see.Having the uplift was the best thing ever, after breastfeeding four kids and of course ageing:eek: lol.x

http://www.bolton.nhs.uk/Library/policies/RACMN0001.pdf Page 11.

These procedures are not commissioned except in the following
circumstances:-
1. As part of reconstructive treatment following surgery for the treatment
of malignant or other disease.
2. As part of reconstructive treatment following trauma.

Doesn't look good, but it is worth asking your GP to write to the PCT for guidance next time you see him/her. The document is dated 2004 so things may have changed and they've not yet updated their online policies.

I'm aiming to win the lottery to fund plastic surgery. This is bound to work.

I will see what I look like when I get down to 10 stone I have put some money I had in a isa into a bond for 3 years. So if I need/want anything done hopefully there will be enough if I can not get it funded Dont no what PCT I am under its either Stoke-on-trent or staffordshire will have to find out

I'm aiming to win the lottery to fund plastic surgery. This is bound to work.

lol lol thats fab jenni!! thats exactly what i plan too!! its the only way im going to get it done!

i know im going to have to have at least a tt, boob lift/reduction and arms but dont think my pct will fund especially after they are paying for my band?

Back