• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how does the weight lost stop after a by pass

brad scott

hi there just a quick question how does the weight loss slow down and then stop after a by pass ive lost 9 stone since xmas and things are still going strong lost another 5 lbs this week i would be greatful if someone could let me know when it stops or slows down as i have a worried girlfriend and wanna put her mind at rest xx

this would be interesting to know x

It does stop when you stay the same for about 6 months or more. I've been steady for the last year, 1st time I'm my life I haven't gained and gained!! Total loss 18 stone.

It does stop when you stay the same for about 6 months or more. I've been steady for the last year, 1st time I'm my life I haven't gained and gained!! Total loss 18 stone.
OMG....absolutely fantastic cicca. You must feel like a completely new person. I'm hoping to lost about 16 stone and be a comfortable size 18. Will i have any control over this hun x

I'm afraid it stops when it's ready. Or in my case if you eat the wrong thing and it doesn't have an adverse affect healthwise...

well i was thinking that if i could eat alittle of the wrong food when i'm ready to stop losing that might do the trick. This could sound silly, but i suppose when i reach that point i'll be able to see if that is an option. i really don't feel the need to be too slim and it frightens me abit.

I can assure you that there will come a time when you can eat pretty much what you want when you want. I had the DS and in the last year as I've said I eat the same as anyone else but of course just less and maintained my weight. I only weigh myself every couple of months and spend even less time concerning myself about my weight. I'm a 12/14 from a size 32 at my heaviest.

you've done so well. could i ask if you have issues with loose skin or have you had plastics?

I started swimming straight away, my skin went back apart from the aporron of skin round my middle/tummy. Had a tummy tuck last year and that's it. I meet people and they wouldn't know that I once weighed 30 stone.

Attachments

• image-287500553.jpg
    image-287500553.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 86
  • image-1996035487.jpg
    image-1996035487.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 93
if you don't mind me saying , you look half you're age cicca. People say that i look alot older so i hope the same happens to me lol. I would love to go swimming but i'm a size 36 and very self conscious. Wish i had your courage x

It's not about courage, I'm a coward. You have to embrace this oppertunity we've been given and do everything you can to help get your body back. I went to ladies night at 1st and then the times I knew it would be less busy. It helped my arms and legs to tone up. I'm 40 and people tell me I look early 30's now. At my heaviest I felt 100 and looked late 50's.

Happy to talk I can send you my mobile number.

xx.

That would be great hun...feel free x

Cicca said:
I started swimming straight away, my skin went back apart from the aporron of skin round my middle/tummy. Had a tummy tuck last year and that's it. I meet people and they wouldn't know that I once weighed 30 stone.

Wow!! You look amazing - very petite. It's hard to believe it's the same person in both photos. Well done you!
xXx

xxsarahxx said:
That would be great hun...feel free x

Not sure how i'd send it to you in a message. But it's 07595 777153. I'll delete this message a bit later. Text or phone any time.

Cicca said:

U look fab well done hun, how often do u swim? did u join gym too? Wow u look fantastic u really do xx

xxsarahxx said:
if you don't mind me saying , you look half you're age cicca. People say that i look alot older so i hope the same happens to me lol. I would love to go swimming but i'm a size 36 and very self conscious. Wish i had your courage x

Ppl r starting to say I look younger, mad isn't it xx

Thanks cicca, i've got it hun x

Laura b said:
U look fab well done hun, how often do u swim? did u join gym too? Wow u look fantastic u really do xx

I haven't swam for about 6 months and I've never been to the gym. I work full time and have a family, so the exercise I get is through that now. I do want to start swimming again as its very relaxing.

With regards to age and looks and all that, it takes time before you start to fit back in to your skin. A year on and I've finally stopped losing weight, so my face looks okay. I eat the things that give me energy and natrually don't eat too many carbs because they don't really give me anything. My rule now is, if you want it have it and if you don't then don't. I don't stress about going without because it's not forbidden but a choice I get to make.

x.

Crikey people already think I am about 8 years younger than I am. When I lose the weight I shall look about 12!

Julie

Back