• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How does your body know when to stop losing weight?

annettedimond

Hi
Please could any one help me. I've about 6 stone to lose and just wondered how your body know when enoughs enough? I would want to lose any more. Please help!!! Annette

I am ten months out and my weight loss has slowed down a lot, I am still losing butat a steady rate. I can now eat a wider variety of foods. I would like to lose another two stone but I can see that taking the next year or so. I think once you find that weight you can play with keeping it there.

It is not impossible to gain weight with any of the procedures so its down to us in the end to find the balance.

I found that the last couple of stones took ages to lose, but when I got to a weight that I was happy with I started to bring in more higher calorie foods. I have now set my maintenance weight level within a half stone bracket and if I go to the top of it (which I only ever have once), I will cut down on the 'treats' and if I approach the lower end I will add a little more in.

My dietician advised me last week to possibly go more for treats like crisps rather than high sugar content foods.

I am two years out and at the moment not finding it too bad maintaining. I also think that as we move further away from our surgery dates we do have to work a bit harder to lose the weight, at least I did - so this in itself seems to give a natural stop.

Mine went the other way. I got to my twelve stone target (consuming around 1100-1200 calories a day) which is a weight i had been really comfortable at on my way up the weight gain ladder. I then started eating quite a bit more and the weight loss speeded up :sigh: Today i am 9st 8, and I think my body has decided for itself where its happiest at ... For the timebeing.

Mine doesn't know when to start :(

My team have only told me I'll lose 70% of my excess weight(7st to be exact) they also said some people lose less but have not mentioned about the body knowing when to stop. I've always wondered about the people who struggle to stop losing weight and fall into the underweight category.

Back