• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How does your body know???

capiegirl

How does your body know and cope with stopping weight loss? its probably obvious but I just dont understand it!:confused:

Somebody in another post used the phrase "Pre-op we live to eat and post op we eat to live". I think that sums it up quite well the body will take what it needs to survive and it's up to us to stop it taking more than it needs. I think that's how it knows.
How it copes of course will depend on the individual but probably by the time we get to the point when we want to stop loosing weight we will have hopefully retrained both the mind and the body to avoid overeating and eating all the wrong things.

This is copied from my post on a similar thread -

For most people your body levels off after 18 months - 2 years, hopefully at the weight you want to be. For some it happens sooner and/or they don't reach their goal and have to use conventional diets and exercise on top of the bypass to reach it. For others like me it's the other side of the coin where the malabsorption is so severe that I have to constantly work at not losing more weight by eating high cal high fat foods, grazing and drinking with meals etc to maintain.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

This is copied from my post on a similar thread -

For most people your body levels off after 18 months - 2 years, hopefully at the weight you want to be. For some it happens sooner and/or they don't reach their goal and have to use conventional diets and exercise on top of the bypass to reach it. For others like me it's the other side of the coin where the malabsorption is so severe that I have to constantly work at not losing more weight by eating high cal high fat foods, grazing and drinking with meals etc to maintain.

Your SO patient !! I'm one of the previous ones to ask this, this week, we all need you so much.

Thank you.

:thankyou: wish they could be a real bunch!:)

Lol, I have a toddler, patience is ingrained! There is no such thing as a stupid question here, as this is so completely new to most people. It takes 10 seconds to copy and paste so if it helps someone it's worth it.

Back