• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How Easy we slip into old habits..

indianlight

I had to lose weight or my op wouldn't go ahead so I go all out to lose it and manage to lose 13lbs in 2 weeks (as most of you know by now bypass didn't go ahead)..

Now, I'm sat at home with still another week off work..really bored and sooo lethargic!! I can't be bothered to do anything, but of course can find the energy to stand in front of the fridge/cupboard searching for food to fill me!!

I feel soo tired all the time, I think I might have got myself into a bit of a bad cycle..and I can't get out of it! I forced myself to do half hour exercise on my wii fit and then had to lie down on bed for an hour!

I'm so worried cos I can see the weight gain already and I know I'm heading for a real problem with my surgeon but although I KNOW what I need to do I just can't..you'd think after almost 3 years of living with the band that I would be more mentally prepared for this but I'm not. Just goes to show that we never learn..I certainly need something to stop me eating and thats what i'm struggling with at the moment, not having anything there!

However, when they removed my band I was told my stomach didn't relax back to its normal shape and this has really freaked my head!! The quantity of food I can eat is more than when I had a band and yet I took a big gulp of juice last night and it gurgled as if I had the band!!

so has my stomach relaxed? is the restriction still there? i just don't know and I won't know until I get an appointment to have a camera down and god knows when that will be...

I've just reread this and yet again i'm moaning...but I'm hopefull you will forgive me but I need to get it off my chest!! xx

Hi Debs, its bordom. Thats whats making you reach for the fridge. If you were at work you probably would'nt think about food but because you're sat with nothing to do its the 1st thing on your mind. Go for a walk or visit freinds, Just move from the fridge lol. You've done it before so you can do it again. Good luck xx Gaynor xx

So sorry you are feeling so bad Indian, it was obviously a blow that the op didnt go ahead and I think you are more than a little down in the dumps.
It is good that you are trying to do some excercise and I am sure it is tiring you, but you have got to try and get your 'sensible' head back on.
You know why you want the by pass and what it means to you.
After all the turmoil you have been through are you going to let yourself be in a position where your surgeon is saying you've put weight on and so not ready for the bypass.
That is just hypothetical but you are not going to let yourself down, not family, not friends, not your surgeon YOU, this is so so important to you and will affect the rest of your life.
Stay away from the cupboards, go for a walk, do some puzzles, play some computer games, and maybe have say 100-200mls fluid every 30mins to help keep your tummy and your head hunger satisfied cut up some carrots and celery or something like that and keep the bowl near so that if you want to chew you have something there.
YOU CAN DO THIS INDIAN come on, come on...........

Love Jay xx

Aww thanks. I agree with all that you both are saying and your right, you know it yourself don't you but just can't stop...but i'l try!!

Late yesterday I had a shower and noticed for a while the head seemed to have come off the head of a 'spot' that i've had for a while, its just below one of my surgery cuts. It turned out not to be a spot but the thick thread from my internal stitching poking through from the inside!! so, I now have a small hole with thread poking out!! I went to the Drs a little worried and apparantly this is normal, and can happen just got to keep it covered for a while and my body will sort it out...interesting! while I was there I told her that I was still getting a lot of pain in my side, so she examined me and told me I have a urine infection and that may be contributing to my tiredness.

I do feel a bit better knowing this, hopefully the course of antibiotics will sort me out. oh, and in an attempt to make myself feel better I ordered a 'few' bits of clothes from the internet, should be delivered today...woohooxx

hi deb sorry to hear you havent been feeling to good, as the others said, its finding a distraction away from the food and old habbits that can easily sneak back into our lives.

after my last op i also had a thread sticking through a wound but eventually the body will get rid of it and it will just drop off.

i hope the clothes look great on, theres nothing better than a bit retail therapy to make you feel better.

liz xxx

Good on you indian................nothing like a little bit of retail therapy to make you feel better!!!
Glad your GP put your mind at rest re the stitches.
Your on the way up again Indian.................good for you

Jay xx

Thanks everyone, it's a good feeling to know people who don't judge, just empathise and understand...it goes a long way to making me feel better...love you all xx

Back