• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Need Advise

Big Momma

I'm new to this site and new to banding.
Had my op on the 3rd Jan 09' so still a band virgin!

Just wanted all that have had the band fitted for a while to let me know what lies ahead.
I.E Weight loss per month, sickness, band adjustments etc.

I have lost 7 lb this week (sure it will go back on!)

Also when can I start to go swimming, Does this help in shedding the weight faster?

Sorry for all the questions girls but got a man I need to meet!! been putting him off untill I loose 2 stones so just wanted an idea how to help the band work.

Thanx

Just wanted all that have had the band fitted for a while to let me know what lies ahead.

Also when can I start to go swimming, Does this help in shedding the weight faster?

Sorry for all the questions girls but got a man I need to meet!! been putting him off untill I loose 2 stones so just wanted an idea how to help the band work.

Thanx

hi & :welcome: to minis, congratulations on your surgery and the weight loss !
i wouldnt say theres an exact weight loss per month as whats lost varies depending on the restriction level you have ect. 1-2 llbs a week can be done if you work hard and are dedicated to the band rules.
swimming will help weight loss on a regular basis but its recommended not to swim for at least 6 weeks so the scars can heal, the pool can infect the scars if they are not fully healed, ask your gp if your scars are ok for this.

good luck

liz x

Thanx
hi big momma, i had my band fitted 8 weeks ago and including the pre op diet have lost 2 stone, but am finding that the weight has slowed down now. I only have about a stone and a half to go so dont know if thats why it has slowed down or if it is just that i need another top up with a fill. Just keep up the good work im sure you will be fine. As with the sickness side of things we are all different and the only thing that i have been sick with so far are sausage rolls so i wont be having those again. xx

Hiya, I'm not a bander but just wanted to say welcome and good luck with your weightloss.

Just wanted to say HI & WELCOME:):):).

Am also not a bander but wanted to welcome you

Hello I a waiting for my band shoudl be by the end of the year so sorry but cant help just wanted to wish you good luck

i had my band done in first week of sept and my weightloss has slowed dramaticly iv had 2 fills but dont yet have full restriction that said i lost 5lbs over xmas so im happy lol everyone is different in what they will lose but you have to be patient as untill you have full restriction your not gona loose loads
i think of this as a life change i dont go mad dieting i work with my band and slowly the weight comes off and all the time the band working it will stay off

Hi Im a bander. I had mine fitted end of november and have lost 28lbs. I plateaux a couple of weeks ago, but Im having my 1st fill tomorrow so hoping the weight will start to drop again after that. They told me to expect a plateaux before my 1st fill so i am not too dissappointed. Hope all goes well 4 ur wls journey and meeting your man. Take care R x

Back