• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How hard is it to resist the scales?

phatmomma

After my op i intend to try and ignore the scales as often as i can. My head says once a month down at Boots but not sure if i'll be able to resist not going every week.........

Just wondering how often you post oppers weigh and if you wish you could resist the urge to do it quite as much?... Answers on a postcard please :) xx

Hi Julie

Before my op I used to be obsessed with the scales when I was on a "diet". However since my op I have found that I really can't be bothered weighing myself cos I know that the weight will come off. I am much more relaxed about things now and food is not an issue.

I hope this is the same for you cos I think being obsessed with the scales will make this new way of life more stressful.

All the best.

im worse now than ever and its driving me flipping mad lol some days over last week iv weighed twice in one day its because the scales have stuck for a week and half and im praying for them to move, once a week is about right but i cant resist at the moment x

at the moment too hard lol x

I'm always weighing myself, but only make a note of it each Friday;):D

Initially after my op i weighed myself a couple of times a week, then it went to once a week and now i leave it
3-4wks. This is due to me having quite long plateau's where i just stay the same or put half a pound/a pound on this can make me feel depressed so when i have my weight loss fixed in my brain - i hold on to that thought and work through the rest of the weeks to my next weigh in.

During these times i remain positive (not always focused) but i remember that the weight is coming off and so are the inches. The best indicator of your weight loss is feeling your clothes getting bigger/looser. If i kept jumping on and off the scales and watching my weight slow down etc then i would not be able to remain positive - so that's what i do.

Sending hugs and fairy dust to all xx

Honestly my other half thinks the scales are super glued to my feet. My weight los has slowed down, however, somehow I'm losing inches - just got into a size 22 today and I was a 28/30. Don't know how I'm losing inches but happy days - maybe this will keep me off the scales (prob not though)

Thanks everyone and congrats to all you losers who keep us wannabe's inspired xxx

Every Thursday since my op - before brekky after the bathroom (if you get what I mean)

Except this week and have weird pain at right waist level - driving me nuts - GP has no idea what it could be

Will be back to weekly weigh-in next week

Does my self-esteem good!!!

Angela x

I'm a daily weigher, and sometimes even twice a day! I know everys one thinks this is a bad thing, but I cant help it and am careful not to let it put me in a bad mood if the scales dont shift for a few days.

I think I will carry on with daily weighing until my weight stabilises as I reach maintenance, but thats a long way off yet hopefully.

I weigh daily, every single morning. I have a routine where I get out of the bed, walk to the bathroom, put the shower on, have a wee, strip off and then stand on the scales naked before I get in the shower.

I know it's a bad habit, but it's my routine and I couldn't change now.

Rx

Weekly...Thursday morning at Boots in town, before breakfast and if Im lucky, after a poop! lol
I had some digi scales but they were about 6lbs out (made people 6lbish too LIGHT) but when weight came off they did mainly show it (not always) and I had a habit of standing on them every time I went into the kitchen (thats where they were) and it drove me so nuts that I grabbed them the other day and slung them into the bin!!! So now I have no clue if the weight is coming off until I go on a Thursday and I will continue to do that. I dont feel as though Im losing weight even when I am and bizarrely my measurements arent dropping that much, which is strange because my clothes ARE getting big on me slowly.
If I had very accurate scales in my house I would drive myself nutty watching every ounce come and go, so Ill stick with my weekly weigh in at Boots.
Steph xx

I used to weigh myself every other day when i first came out of hospital but now I weigh every Monday morning. I occasionaly have a slip up and drag the scales out and have a look but only record my weekly weight as sometimes midweek i can show weight gain but by the monday it has gone and some more with it.

I go the full hog!! I have two pair of scales side by side in the bathroom(mixman thats your fault lol telling me about those scales in argos):eek: Biggggggggggggggggg mistake lol cause what I dont like on one I jump on the other :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: But honestly every other day I promise myself "just wait girl" but its impossible lol its like when the waiter in a restaraunt says dont touch the plate its hot! (I always see if its hot) But anyway I keep on top of things that if I have put the odd pound on I then cut down on carbs ect. Gail x

Mine is a mixture depending on how busy I am. I can go for a week or two without measuring, or a week like this one, where I am on it 2 times a day!

Andrea73 is right - after a while, I became more relaxed than when on previous diets cos I knew the weight will come off as a result of the band

I go the full hog!! I have two pair of scales side by side in the bathroom(mixman thats your fault lol telling me about those scales in argos):eek: Biggggggggggggggggg mistake lol cause what I dont like on one I jump on the other :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: But honestly every other day I promise myself "just wait girl" but its impossible lol its like when the waiter in a restaraunt says dont touch the plate its hot! (I always see if its hot) But anyway I keep on top of things that if I have put the odd pound on I then cut down on carbs ect. Gail x

Haha me too, but i am pre op so it might get worse, I will weigh myself at my mums then come home and see if i am the same weight (we live 4 doors apart)
I will also see if the wii thinks i am the same haha.

and hot plate, yes but i can handle hot and you take the plate from the waiter and tense up and hurry and get it to the table x

Rose, I have exactly the same routine as you, every morning after a wee, pj's off and on I jump! :eek: I only record it once a week though. And Gail, like you I have two sets of scales in the bathroom, my digi ones and some normal ones...and yes I too have been known to jump off one and onto the other if I don't like what it says lol!! :D

Cuppa xx

every sat in boots and i keep the tickets! since on the 26th september i was 21.10 :0 now im 17.5 :) i steple them to the sat page in my diary (the one i use to right everything i eat down) i find it helps me :) x

Hey Kirsty, I weigh myself in boots and have now started to keep the tickets for the past three weeks, I have a wls 'memory' book and intend to keep them in there.
Steph xx

Back