• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Should I banish the scales.

ladylite

Well after reading losts of posts on here about scales and not losing weight, I was wondering if it would be a good idea to banish them.

They seem to be making a lot of you very unhappy at times.:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Approx how often are you weighed by your team after the op, would that not be often enough.

I could get my husband to hide them, he is a bit of a control freak, and would enjoy not letting me find them....... LOL:cool:

What do you think:confused:

My team weighs me every 3 months and for my sins i weigh everyday ( i know i know not the done thing) if you can i think to weigh in every week is better , maybe if your husband is good at hiding the scales then let him lol mine would have no chance. I know myself that somtimes my mood is set by what i see on the scales and thats not good and do try to leave it a couple of days in between but thats rare. You have to do whats best for you and what you feel compfy doing x

i found i couldnt stay away from them and weighed daily and it took over my life. it ruins your day. and has caused me quite a bit of mental anguish and added to my anxiety which i now have to get medical help for.

my scales broke last week, and i took a posative step of not buying new ones, and i feel so much better.

it is more than about what number you weigh, and getting rid of them has helped me to feel happier about how i look.

I see a mental helth dietician every 2 weeks, and she weighs me now, and thats enough for me.

if you think you could end up being an every day weigher, bin them now! its much harder to stop once you get into it!

.x.

I wanna throw mine out, they don't move week in week out, Im a clumper, don't lose weight for weeks, then bang a big drop.

I can tell the weight is falling off me by my clothes.

Scales ruin lives - dump them !

I don't have any and don't intend to buy them! I will not be able to weigh for the first month after my surgery as i wont be able to drive down to Boots. Then i am praying i won't go more than once every couple of weeks, but lets keep it real it will probably be once a week!

So many people can end up obsessed with the scales and as it decides what kind of day they are going to have...

I am not keen on scales as you can get really hooked on weighing yourself and then disappointed with the results. I was weighed on the day of surgery and the day I was discharged (3 days later). I have since been weighed at my hospital support meeting (2 wks after surgery) but I asked for this.

The next time I will offically be weighed is at the end of June at my post surgery appointment. I can tell I am losing weight as my clothes are much loser and I am already down a dress size!!

Post op I was weighing every day but now I am trying to just weigh twice a week. I felt I was getting weighed too much before and would not recommend it. Ask hubby to hide the scales and let you use them just once a week.

Get rid of them!!!

I normally only weigh once a week, but decided to have an extra go today as I had finished my antibiotics.

Before I went into hospital, I wrote a note to my hubby asking him to remove the scales and hide them before I got home. Well, he forgot and now I'm not going to ask him! xx

Thanks, that sounds like a great idea !

Rose

I only weigh once a week. Plus I know my clothes are a much better indicator of my weight than any scale.

During my first year postop, I weighed once every 3-4 weeks. I never saw highs, lows, plateaus. I'd definitely recommend no more than once every few weeks during that big loosing phase.

My surgeons saw me at 3 weeks, 3 months, 6 months and 1 year. I was definitely weighed then. Whenever they weighed me I waited several weeks to weigh again.

Nowadays, I see them once a year & they weigh me.

However, I still only weigh every 4-6 weeks. Keeps me sane.

Oooops and I've just gone and bought a set of those body analyser scales that measure body fat, water, muscle mass etc :eek:

I was last weighed when i joined the gym 5 weeks ago. Before that it had been around 6 weeks but according to the gym scales I had'nt lost anything. I don't weigh at home because it can become an obsession and cause too much stress. I like to feel the difference in my clothes rather than watch the scales.xx

HI, when i came out of hospital i went and bought a new pair of scales consantly weighing myself, then i found i wasnt getting a proper reading, so i took them back, and now i wieght myself every week at the same time at boots and pay 50p.

Take measurements instead rather than weigh yourself. Anyway on the tiny amount of food and calories you will be eating do you honestly think you wont lose weight?! Don't get hung up on weighing yourself as it will drive you crazy. Simply follow the dietary rules and you'll be fine.

Take measurements instead rather than weigh yourself. Anyway on the tiny amount of food and calories you will be eating do you honestly think you wont lose weight?! Don't get hung up on weighing yourself as it will drive you crazy. Simply follow the dietary rules and you'll be fine.

Believe it or not I only eat 500-800 cals a day and can go weeks without a weight loss !!!!

I'm a daily weigher. Always have been and always will be...

Inevitably the scales have had several days, and even several weeks at one stage where they havent moved, but I dont let that get me down.

For me, the only time in the past that I havent weighed daily is as each failed diet comes to an end and I pile the pounds back on. Not knowing how much I was gaining somehow stopped me from feeling bad about stuffing my face.

So whilst I totally get why most of you choose not to weigh every day, for me, not to weigh every day is the slippery slope back to obese.

I'm with you Sam. I weigh myself every morning but only record my weight on a Wednesday. Like you, I would always stop weighing myself when I didn't like what I saw and that is the road to ruin. So I'm going to stay a daily weigher just to keep things in check.

Back