• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how havwe things changed for you since your op

starry

Hi
I would love to hear how things have changed for you good or bad since the op.
Has it changed the way friends are to you
how has it affected your relationships
and how do you feel now - do you feel it has changed you at all ?

It must be such a huge adjustment after I have heard some people struggle seeing their new image in mirrors cant bloody wait myself !!!

Liz
xxx

Hi Liz,

I'm only just over a month post op, but have seen some huge changes already.

• I want to exercise
  • I am not in any pain, I haven't had painkillers for 1 month, and that is with 3 chronic pain causing conditions
  • My self esteem is starting to rise already
  • My life is no longer ruled by me thinking right what can I eat next?
  • My grocery spending has gone down considerably
  • I am cooking more healthily for my boys as I am aware of fat/sugar levels in everything
Think thats about it :)

Hi Liz,

I am only just under 3 weeks post op, and I certainly do not regret a thing. I am more happier than I have been in ages, as I know there is now light at the end of the tunnel with my battle against the bulge!! My immediate family who know about the surgery have been great. All positive! Friends who know I have had surgery have all been great too!

So far, I have had no problems related to my bypass, which I am thankful for. My only less positive note is the fatigue I am experiencing at the mo. I have Fibromyalgia, where chronic fatigue is a factor anyway. Could be because I have recently had major surgery, or could just be a normal flare up..who knows!! But it is not different to anything I have experienced before.

I am positive about my future, for the first time in a long time!

Regards,

Kel x

Hi had my op the end of May. I feel more confident, have more energy and am wearing size 18 clothes first time in years!!!! best decision i have ever made x

so good to hear - currently waiting for my date and i feel also light at the end of the tunnel at last

thank you for sharing
liz
x

I am only 2 weeks post-op but it's fantastic NOT to be feeling hungry at all. My family have been very supportive as well. I am determined to take all the opportunites that come my way from now on and not miss out through being conscious of my size.

Hi Liz,
The thing that really cheered me up was stopping at a service station on the M180 and fitting comfortably in one of their chairs, I always had to sit outside on a bench cause my bum and thighs circulation would be cut off if i tried to sit inside!! I know its only a little thing but it made my day.

Good question.

Has anyone's relationships with husbands/wives/partners changed much during your weight loss journey?

Good question.

Has anyone's relationships with husbands/wives/partners changed much during your weight loss journey?
Hi I would say that my relationship has improved as i feel happier with myself. My hubbie has always been supportive and loved me whatever size i was. My little gilr is so sweet and said " mummy i can now get my arms all the way around you for a cuddle" This in itself has made the whole experience worth it!!!! Best decision i ever made x

Back