• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how long after the camra down is tha opp

christine1957

:)hi im due to have the camra down on the 21st anyone no how long after that the opp might be i was told december anyone same time thanks

My endo was 22nd December and op originally booked for 22nd June so exactly 6 months. I'm now having it done TOMORROW as they're getting extra dates at the mo so my op got moved forward by 1 week.

Other hospitals are now doing the ops too so the list might start going down faster - it was 3-4 months earlier this year. Either way you should definitely be done by Christmas x

Endoscopy, why do u have that and does everyone have to do it xx

Some surgeons request it when doing the bypass they want to see if you have any ulcers or hiatus hernias etc, before they go into op. It was 5 months for me at Srh but thatwas last summer. xx They do it a SRH he told me had to be done because they don't want ulcers forming after the op or old ones left in the stomach which can turn nasty if left unattended in the part of the stomach that isn' used for the bypass op. xx does that make sense?

yes hun, thanku. I thought everyone had to have it done, xx

Think depends on who your consultant is and which hospital you are with and what op you haven

Back