• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long for dumping syndrome??

jaxx

Ok I know it's fiction but I'm watching an episode of House at the minute where a woman has had a gastric bypass but is eating chocolate cake with no problems with dumping syndrome. So does dumping syndrome go away the longer you've had the bypass? Or are they taking liberties with the truth?

am watching that epsoide now lol i love house, have u seen it before, dont wanna ruin the endin for u x

I just finished watching it! lol I was wondering how she could eat chocolate cake if she had a bypass.

Some people can eat chocolate cake with no dumping. I know people on here who can eat whatever they want with no dumping, just now in smaller portions.

In fact, Silversurfer posted some of his delicious concoctions with chocolate, ice cream and cake and he has no problems. I wish that was my problem.

a friend of mine is 2yrs post op and loves creme eggs....go figure lol

i haven't dumped yet, but i don't eat sweet stuff much, i like a bit of chocolate, last time was some at xmas, but no problems, i take it or mostly leave it!!

Has anyone tried sugar-free chocolate? Does it cause dumping or can we get away with small amounts to satisfy cravings?

I use SF chocolates from Thorntons, and they have no effect on me, but I know to exercise caution as the sorbitol in them can have a laxative effect. I have them as a treat if I am craving chocolate. I made Nics banana and blueberry protein bars and replaced the blueberries with chunks of SF milk chocolate and once cooled I drizzled over some dark SF chocolate and have them as a safer treat!

Hey guys yeah i really dont understand how it works as im 10weeks post op and i can have anything i just dont dump wish i did..Take care.xx

wish I could dump I can eat chocolate and cakes with no probs but in much smaller amounts. Had my 1st cadbury creme egg since my op at the weekend was yummy,one was enough before op I would have eaten a box of 6 lol

I got dizzy from the sugar in my iron syrup so guessing I'll be prone to dumping. Not sure its such a bad thing though!!! I know I'd start getting into bad habits again! Not gonna risk it until later on anyway!

Hi im afraid i suffer quite badly with dumping, had some quality streets and had a dumping, the odd one has lasted as long as 2 hrs from start to finish, as far as im concerned its just not worth it, i do have a couple of biscuits but really sweet things do set me off:)

Sharon xx

What is dumping anyway lol

I havent dared to try anything with sugar in yet. I've had one of the Thorntons diabetic choc covered turkish delight bars. It was gorgeous and only 95 cals too. Thank god its an hour round trip to my nearest thorntons or i'd be there all the time !

Sounds like the SF choc is the way to go, I only get a choc craving once a month (those damn hormones) normally I have a savoury tooth.

Bunny x

Back