• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long in hosp?

Eve30

Hi- sleeve is this week Thursday and they said to me it's usually 2 nights stay in hospital sometimes 1 and was wondering if anyone knows what that depends on? If it goes as planned can I leave after 1 night? So scared of hospitals as have never stayed in one!

It depends on so many factors to be honest. I did only stay 1 night 2 days but every thing went very well for my sleeve. Good luck.

was wondering if anyone knows what that depends on?

It could even depend on if the surgeon is around the next day to discharge you.

Please do not fret.

I had a slightly negative experience after my op -- not with the theatrical / surgical team but incompetent evening Ward staff ..... and I was so annoyed that I was ready to walk out in my nightie at 10 pm the same day I had my sleeve (!!!) ...... only the fact that my purse was under lock and key in the safe and the banking/safe staff had gone home after 5pm meant that was impossible and I *had* to stay in for one night.

I was told the normal post op stay was two nights, and that is how long I stayed. I think just relax and take a couple of good books in, and you will get through it OK. They might need to teach you things like how to give yourself an injection if you have never done that, and it takes a couple of go's!

Sharon that is my fear! The times
I've been in a hospital was to have my babies and I almost discharged myself due to the horrible staff and this will be first time overnight in one and it is a diff hosp but just can never know! Thanks all- will play by ear but secretly hoping I can get out before the weekend and be in my own bed- my kids are moving into my parents!

Just wanted to wish you luck for Thursday and hope you have a speedy recovery. xx

I stayed in for two nights - I was actually nervous of going home. It will be fine though :)

Course it's normal to be scared. The info I have from the hospital says a stay of 1 - 3 nights.

I think it depends when you have your surgery and how well you've progressed. I'm going in on a saturday and hoping that I will be out by the monday night

xxx

Well I must be a weirdo; I went home the same evening, and it was arranged that way! I had op around 11, was back in the room around 2 (had hiatus hernia repair same time), and by 9 pm I was home in my own bed. I couldn't sleep in that hospital bed anyway; uncomfortable, and every time I was close to dropping off someone came in to check on me! I heard afterwards that this wasn't necessarily a good plan as if anything is going to go wrong it's more likely to happen in the first 24 hours, but thankfully no one said that to me so I just got the h*ll out of there and was glad I did!

I was in for 4 nights, I had a conversion from a band to a sleeve so I had a lot going on inside! I was up and about 2 days after the op though and back to work after a week. :)
Good luck with it!

Back