• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long to leave DVT socks on?

WeightlossDreamer

I guys was just wondering if anyone had any idea how long to leave DVT socks on for. I've had mine on a week now and they are driving me mad! X

2 weeks for me. What did your provider say?

I was told a month but had problems with phlebitis and circulation in the past. Every provider has different rules. Agree tough .. They are a total pain!

Oh, I took mine off as I was getting ready to leave the hospital, I should have asked.

I'll put them back on for my 6 week follow up and say to my surgeon "when can I take these off I really need to shower"

Its important that you follow the guidelines that your provider gave you. If you are very active and getting about lots, you could give them a call and ask them if it is ok to remove them, but you really must check with them first :)

My surgeon said to wear them until I was fully mobile ... Minimum of a week. And to remove them only to shower.

I was told I could stop wearing them when I was back to my pre op level of movement. Removed them day 5.

Took mine off the morning after surgery to have a shower and never put them back on. My surgeon saw me with them off and never questioned it, but I was up walking around within a couple of hours of surgery after getting back to my room. Guess everyone is different.

Franky and I are with the some provider - same op, but he was told 6 weeks, I had to wear mine for 2, but because I was up and walking and back to work, out walking a few miles a day within a week, they advised mine could come off at 10 days. This is just an example of how important it is, to check with your provider for what they advise for you :)

Back