• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long before plaster removal

Fat sue

Hey guys was looking some advice on when to remove my plasters had band fitted on Saturday
Or how long do I leave them on for and what do I clean them with ??? Do I put cream on ??

Are they plasters or steri strips? I took my plaster things off after a week and was told to let the strips fall off. I used surgical spirit to get all the residue off.

Are they plasters or steri strips? I took my plaster things off after a week and was told to let the strips fall off. I used surgical spirit to get all the residue off.

No big plasters over each wound !
Yea I was thinking of leavening them for a week or so and under them there us paper stitches
Thanks for the advise xx

I can't help as I didn't have any as I had glue . . .but maybe give your provider a shout and ask them what they suggest :)

Yep same as me. If they get wet change them though. My strips took ages to fall off.

I can't help as I didn't have any as I had glue . . .but maybe give your provider a shout and ask them what they suggest :)

I have glue to and paper stitches and they put big plasters over the lot lol

I just unsure how long it takes before I have to remove plasters ... Yea I will ring tomorrow x

One week for me unless wet from a shower.

normally you would keep your dressings dry and leave them well alone. if dressing gets wet then change it. leave the steri-strips alone (paper strips under dressing) and do not put cream on. Steri strips will eventually fall off, if they start to curl at the edges just trim the unstuck bit so its not waggling around. Hope that helps x

normally you would keep your dressings dry and leave them well alone. if dressing gets wet then change it. leave the steri-strips alone (paper strips under dressing) and do not put cream on. Steri strips will eventually fall off, if they start to curl at the edges just trim the unstuck bit so its not waggling around. Hope that helps x

Thanks Dee ;)
Just don't want to get infected and want them to heal ok ..... Thanks for your advise sound as always xx

I did nothing to my wounds as they were fine. I just used surgical spirit to get the plaster residue off my skin.

Back