• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long until 1st appointment/contact?

Oh wow that is just fab... 3 months is the quickest I have read about so far! x

:party0019:I first went to my G.P on the 8th April 09, and everything else flew past . My operation date is the 10th July. Although everyones pct is different in different areas. So have faith you never know.

Hi again... I asked my GP's secretary who the Dr was going to be as I know there are 3 at Heartlands and soon to be 4. I'm not too sure if any of them do the gastric bypass at Heartlands, all I could find for ?Heartlands was the band. It may have changed though, I am also wondering if it's a band or bypass that I need. I have done alot of research but will see what they say when I get the appointment. x

I saw my GP on the 11th and she said she would refer me straight away. She even arranged blood tests for me for the following morning as she was concerned about my health. Plus my blood pressure has been very high lately.

I have no idea which doctor she was referring me to just that it was Birmingham Heartlands. I think I will see if I can find out more information or call the hospital and find out if they received it. I am still trying to research band versus bypass but thinking the bypass might be more appropriate but it will go down to what the surgeon says.

hi, i was refered to my surgeon a month ago. 2 weeks later i received a letter saying the wait to see him was 11 weeks :( and that they would send an appointment nearer the time :(:( i'm so impatient the wait is driving me mad. tasha xxx

Hi again... I asked my GP's secretary who the Dr was going to be as I know there are 3 at Heartlands and soon to be 4. I'm not too sure if any of them do the gastric bypass at Heartlands, all I could find for ?Heartlands was the band. It may have changed though, I am also wondering if it's a band or bypass that I need. I have done alot of research but will see what they say when I get the appointment. x

They do the keyhole bypass there. Harish Kumar did the bypass for another woman I "met".

I think it depends on where abouts you are. I'm on the waiting list for St Richards. Got referred July 08, saw consultant April 09, waiting for psych appointment now, and hopefully, bypass sometime in the next millenium (ok that was a bit far fetched - it just feels a long time!) Julie x

Gail-Michelle.............which PCT did you apply to? Do you mind me asking, what was your BMI and do you have any extra problems??? I am at the very start of the process so would love it if it took that long!!! I know everyone would!!! I'm looking into various financial options as I really want to have my op in Sept. I am a bridesmaid and Best Lady(female best man!!) next year and don't want to spoil the pics!!!!

Back