• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long was it before all of your pain was gone?

Pookiedoodle

Totally in love with Mika
Hello everyone.

I was just wondering how long it was before you felt completely normal, and you had no pain or discomfort?

I am 2 weeks 3 days post op, and still have discomfort in my left hand side.

I am off my pain killers now, but still feel like I couldn't really do a great deal before getting sore.

Thanks everyone

xx

Sorry can't help as not had the op yet.

You have had major surgery though so it could take quite a few weeks. When I had my gall bladder removed I was in pain for quite a while as I had alot of internal bruising.
I remember saying to my gp about it and she said that even though you have had keyhole surgery the op on the inside is still exactly the same so it takes a while for the body to recover. Hopefully by the end of next week you should be feeling much better. I am sure someone that has had the op will be along soon to give more guidance. Take care.

I didn't need painkillers after discharge from hospital. I was in mild discomfort for a few days but not what I'd call pain as such. But everyone is different, surgeons work differently, and it might be that they've bruised a muscle or damaged a nerve during the surgery so it's more painful for you x

Thanks ladies. I'll be jolly glad when I can get up from the sofa without holding my side & groaning!!

xx

I was fine from the day after the surgery. But everyone heals differently.

Oh my god, you all seemed to heal so quickly, you lucky things.

I can't believe I'm still suffering now, I'm still having to rest all day every day (Although I did have a massive setback last week that almost put me back in hospital)

Well, fingers crossed I'm doing better this time next week as we are off to the Royal Albert Hall and Winter Wonderland at Hyde Park

xx

I was in pain for quite a while actually, I am five weeks post op now and am JUST about out of pain but I was carrying something earlier on today and it was uncomfy against my tummy.
I would say that I had at least 3-4 weeks of discomfort and at times, pain.
Steph xx

Hi there

I'm 8 weeks post op and get a pain (bit like the ache after having a stitch) on the left side most days. Doesn't matter what I do or don't do. Have to take Paracetamol some times. Been back at work 10 days and colleagues keep asking me if I'm OK as I walk around holding my side without realising it.

Had check-up a couple of weeks ago and they said it could take ages for everything to settle down inside (I had a replumbing job as my old band had gone wrong) so maybe things for me were a little more invasive. Everyone is different and pain thresholds vary enormously. Feel fine now apart from the ache.

Oh, I'm so glad it's not just me, I was feeling rather pathetic.

Thanks so much everyone for taking the time to reply

xx

I had no pain once discharged from the hospital the day after my bypass. I continued taking paracetamol at bedtime, but nothing throughout the day. But each surgeon is different and so is each person. When I had my gallbladder removed just last Monday it took me well over a week and half to stop pain meds...everyones different ;) x

I didn't feel the need to take painkillers after I was discharged from hospital 3 days post-op. However, the discomfort lasted quite a while for me! I think it was between weeks 4 and 5 that it stopped completly.

But I can only ecco what has already been said on here: everyone heals differently and at different rates. So I wouldn't worry too much yet.

Steph x

Im the same as Pandora, I didnt actually need painkillers for the discomfort/pain once out of hospital but the discomfort/pain lasted a good while after that.
Steph xx

Back