• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

extreme pain 7 months out

daftmoo

Actually I'm 8.5 months out, must have been in too much pain when I wrote it.
Had a slice of wholemeal bread and peanut butter half an hour before gym this morning. Got a stitch type pain on the 1st treadmill but carried on regardless.
Before lunch still had the stitch and it had gone up into my shoulder so had indigestion tabs and it eased up.
After lunch of ryvitas and smoked salmon pate so much pain in stomach/pouch area(down left hand side round ribs down to hip) stabbing pain my BF wanted to take me to hospital as it was so bad. Managed to get comfortable laying curled up on left side. Once pain had sunsided a bit had 2 more indigestion tabs and 1 codine. Laid on floor covered and curled up, until all pain had gone. Now just got an ache in that area,
have I damaged my pouch/stomach or just strained myself at the gym?

Last edited:
Sorry to here about this and it sounds so awful. I hope it has passed and you are feeling a bit better. I was probably something you ate. Hope your ok. x

Awww Sue... I wonder if it could be the bread???

Thinking of you and feel better very soon Angel.

Love and hugs xxx

Never had the problem with bread before and was ok on exactly the same yesterday.
Had ryvitas before as well
Had to stop eating my dinner as the pains were starting up again, and this was pork, chriozo, chickpea and tom stew. I ache so much

Not pleasant at all for you Sue... feeling it for you and keep us posted, feel better very soon... does pork suit you normally love? xxx

Yeah my homemade pork, chroizo etc stew always goes down well, even when I've over chillied it, todays was mild compared to sometimes lol

Reactions: Bev
Perhaps a tum bug then Sue... hope it doesn't happen again and thinking of you love xxx

If your tummy is bad then go onto liquids as it will help it settle and be easier to tolerate. Once your tummy is irritated it swells which can affect the stoma so liquids only really helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Good advice from Shel, I think Id try going onto fluids only for at least a day and see if that helps atall....Hope you feel better soon Sue XX

Hope you're feeling better, now.
I get pain like that with bread - just can't manage it now.

Another thing to think about is your gallbladder. Did you have it removed with your op? Worth checking out with your GP?

someone else has just said about gall bladder as well, I'll see how I go over the weekend, got to take my disabled boyfriend to a hospital appointment in london tomorrow, gonna have fun pushing him around if i'm still like this lol

I'm with the gallstone gang....

yep - could be gallstones.

Could be gallstones. Also they advise not doing a workout until an hour after your last meal because the blood is needed to digest your food and you are pulling it away to work your heart and muscles.

That's it then Sue, you've got gallstones. Which one of us gets to operate now we've all diagnosed you?

I'm not good with blood, but if someone threads the needle i'll have a go at stitching you up after :) xx

Get to your doc Sue... a painful problem if it is this....
thinking of you precious, love and hugs xxx

Well 3 days later and still having pain after eating in pouch area and sometimes goes up into shoulder. Today the pain is less but still there. May just have to ring the L&D tomorrow if no better

I wasn't given an emergency number don't know if anyone else at the Luton has one? I just have a number for mon-fri 9-5

Back