• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long were you off work?

rachel82

I everyone! I've just had my band done at Dolan park and I was wondering how long you all had off work? I have booked a week off but am starting to think I may need more? I only sit at a desk so nothing strenuous. Xx

I booked a fortnight off. I have a desk job and could have gone back after a week, but I was glad to have the time and it was easier to be off work for my 2 weeks of liquids x

Dolan Park gave me a sick note for two weeks, I am 10 days post op banded and feel I could really go back now but not going to until I come off the liquid diet as I do feel drained.

I was operated on at Dolan Park Amd had a week off (operation was a Sunday) I have a desk job so just made sure I didn't list anything

I had a bypass on the Thursday, I worked 12 hours on the following Tuesday and Weds, but I work from home on a laptop.

It really does depend on what you do. Im a nurse on a stroke unit, very physical work. I was off for 11 weeks, probably could have gone back after 8 weeks, but I made sure I was right. Not had a day off since.

I'm also a nurse and had 10 days leave, but then took a further week off sick, really could of done with a further week after that.. So for me it was nearly 4 weeks till I was 100%... Oh but I may be worth adding that I'm a wimp!

I've been wondering about this as well.... I am having a sleeve, although I dont do lifting and do a desk job, I work incredibly long hours... I am covered up to 6 wks full pay, so I will get a sick note for this time, then IF I am well enough to return earlier I can.

BUT that still doesnt help lol as I have no idea how long I will need :)

I'm a stay at home mum so didn't get the chance to get any real rest like feet up and sleep when I needed too. It was not easy but getting better now in feeling more human.

I'm a bander and would have been well enough to return back to work as normal after say 5. I'd booked a week and the Monday was a bank holiday so went on the Tuesday.

I'm thinking about going back Tuesday which would make it a week. I'm still feeling pretty delicate but I'll only need to sit at my desk.

When can the dressings come off? Will I need to be worried about knocking the glue off? Sorry if it's a dumb question, it's all new to me. Xx

I only had small dressings over my glue, but as it was ok to shower straight after they came off after a couple of days. If you shower don't stand under it for ages and oat dry gently :). Any queries tho call your provider x

Back