• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

When were you ready to get back to work?

Venture

Hi there looking at having a sleeve in the near future.
Most places quote 2 weeks off and that's what I'm going to work from, but be interested to hear how you all got on.

My work is computer based so not strenuous at all, I could spend less than 5 minutes walking in the whole day if I wanted to. Although my desk isn't particularly close to the toilet...!
I'm hourly contracting nowadays so no sick pay for me. Worked out the finances should be OK if I keep it to just the 10 days off.

My Dr has signed me off for 4 weeks due to my long commute .
I'm 5days post sleeve atm, I will do some work from the house after next week though feel myself building up to it.

Your body will tell you huni x

2 weeks about average, likely you will benefit from some flexibility re your hours when you go back for a couple of weeks if you can, and also getting up and moving about every 45 mins or so will be of more benefit than stuck in one position. Just a quick walk to get some water, pick up some printing- it's a good habit to have generally, not just post op

I thought I can go back a week later but the body does feel very weak with such low calorie. I used the public transport to go home after the operation for example but feeling dizzy and weak was a problem. I think give yourself 10 days 2 weeks before you go back to work. good luck

Back