• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

question about pre op diet?

hello all!

I'm just wondering...

i'm on my pre op diet, started today, and my sheet gives me a few ideas of what i can eat.

It's a low cal diet... but should i be watching carbs?

On one forum someone said its carbs that make your liver fatty... so should i just cut them out or should i ignore them and go for low cal (as some of you know, low cal foods, or rather normal foods that have been made into a low call version, are high in carbs) and a bit of common sense and avoid white breads and white pasta etc

Im just confused as i know quite a few foods which are low in carbs are high in fat and cals... and vica versa....

Any help?! i'm confusing myself lol!!!

.x.

What was the example they gave you? may give us an idea of what type of diet.

Maz x

I was given an 800cal pre op diet to do, its listed on the pre op diet thread in the recipes section here. I think there are one or two other 800-1000 cals diets listed on there. They are much more instructive than the ones you were given so maybe have a look at those for ideas.

thanks for the help!

also should i be taking a protein supliment? and if so does it matter what as long as its low in fat?

.x.

No real need for protein supplements on the pre-op diet. A multivit won't do you any harm, and I took arnica pillules too to aid healing (and immediately post op for a week or so.

My understanding is that it is a diet to reduce the size of the liver. My hopital gave me a choice of milk yoghurt bovril or low fat which does include some carbs. Both include taking a multivitamin tablet. I have chosen the milk one because I think I can control myself best with this. We are all different though. Perhaps you need to clarify your diet with your own team.

thats a good idea, theres just soooo much on the internet about it and a lot of them say to take protein blah

shelbell, your a godsend :)

.x.

Back