• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How many are on a 'pre op' pre op diet?

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
How many people are like me? Don't mean twisted and speaks to themselves lol

I mean how many people have not got funding, or not an op date, or not yet on their pre op diet, but are on a diet losing as much weight as possible beforehand?

I am trying to lose weight for many reasons:

1) I was so heavy it hurt to walk
2) If I do get funding, then lighter I can get to in weight, the better it will be for my op
3) Something to do
4) If I don't get funding, then I am already going in the right direction
5) Gone from a size 28 to a size 22, so I am back loving New Look lol
6) Makes me feel like I am being as positive about me as I can be
7) Gives me loads more energy
8) Improves my confidence

I could have written more, but always get writers block when I attempt to write novels lol

Has anyone else got specific reasons for keeping up a diet before the pre op diet?

Primarily I am just being nosey :8855:But other than that, it is nice to know who is at the same stage as me and what everyones motivations are (or indeed were if you are already past this stage) :)

dont lose too much, they may think you dont need the op!

lol! I did worry about that and my bariatric physician said it goes by my referral weight. He said the more I can lose the better, as it will make my op safer.

It has still crossed my mind many times though. Even to the point when I have questioned if I need it myself. But, like I said to the surgeon last week, in my whole adult life I have never been at goal weight. I need the op to help me.

My weight loss has been stuck for a while now too :( So may no longer be an issue to if I lose too much lol

lol!!! I work in the psychic reading field, so some would say I spend my life talking to myself and imaginary friends lol

I also have kids and a partner....another reason I seem to talk to myself all the time lol

I guess we all become experts at it lol

Congrats on the weight loss!!! You are doing really well!!

Hopefully you will get your op soon!

Thank you very much :) Its been slow going for a bit now, which can get to me.

You are in Brum to like me :) How did your op go?

lol!!! I work in the psychic reading field, so some would say I spend my life talking to myself and imaginary friends lol

I also have kids and a partner....another reason I seem to talk to myself all the time lol

I guess we all become experts at it lol
wow! we'll all be queueing up for a reading!

Hi Fuffs, if you are like me I need a goal to aim for and this seems just what you have done yourself before you need to see a consultant about any sort of op. Well done you on the weight loss so far. Every pound loss can only help you. Good luck with your journey. xx

wow! we'll all be queueing up for a reading!

lol!!! To listen to me talk to myself?:8855:You think I could work out If I will get the funding or not.

Hi Fuffs, if you are like me I need a goal to aim for and this seems just what you have done yourself before you need to see a consultant about any sort of op. Well done you on the weight loss so far. Every pound loss can only help you. Good luck with your journey. xx

Thank you :)

I decided that whether I get my funding or not, this weight HAS to come off. I am petrified of having to do it without the bypass. BUT, if I have to, I will. I never want to be nearly 27st ever again. That weight burnt my soul and I have spent the last few months running from it. The last 2 months have been like running in quicksand, but hopefully the weight will start to shift again asap

swap you a reading for some reiki lol xxx (just a joke, you're miles away) :( lol

Both things can be done by distance :) Me and my friends often swap the two lol

caren i give you a reading........ I see you are a wonderful person who is always willing to help a hand, the waiting game is causing you stress but please bear with it as i see you posting on here AT LAST THEY SAID YESSSSSSSSS so keep on smiling and sharing your love and all good things come to those who wait xxxx is that ok lol xx

I think I want a reading like that too lol. Positive thinking can move mountains I am told :)

caren i give you a reading........ I see you are a wonderful person who is always willing to help a hand, the waiting game is causing you stress but please bear with it as i see you posting on here AT LAST THEY SAID YESSSSSSSSS so keep on smiling and sharing your love and all good things come to those who wait xxxx is that ok lol xx
hahaha bless ya xxx :)

Hi Fuff,
I was asked to lose 38lb before my op if i can, its hard going this time :( taken 4 weeks to lose 21lb !!!!!!!!!
Im on the list for Jan/Feb and have an appointment to see dietician 15th Dec and soo wanted to have lost the 38lb by then, surgeon said if i lost it before he would do the op quicker as he does not want me to regain it.
Im trying so hard but just feel like im failing :cry:

fuff i shal predict lol......with that big smily face i see you will get a long in life. your weight loss has been amazin but when the operation takes place the change will be udescribable. so keep smiling batt them lashes and woo hoo ya day will come ... lol

I love that :) Its the best reading I have had in ages. Because it comes from your heart and nowhere else. Thank you xxx

this is very true lol xxx

We shall arrange it :) Are you a Reiki Practitioner? I have only done level one. Was originally Usui, but that was taken away and replaced with Tera Mai

Back