• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Testing out the Pre-Op Diet

Samsara

Hello! Me again :eek: Does anyone know if it is ok to test out the pre-op diet (whether it be the milk diet or something else) prior to finally getting a date and going on the official pre-op diet? Or does it mess things up in terms of the liver? :confused: I thought I might try out the milk diet and see how I got on with it - to see if I could do it :eek: My op - if I do get the funding - is probably 6+ months away at the very minimum so it will be some time before I have to do it officially... Thanks guys x x x

i have been given both diets by dietitian n was told to try for two days only x

Well between now and then, you can always start heading into a low cal, low fat diet at this point to start making healthy choices about what you're going to eat - prepare yourself for post up, and then wait and see what pre-op diet that you maybe required to do at the time.

I wanted to know the same thing my surgery is going to be June/ July time but I have a dietician app in 2 weeks and iv put on 12lb :( So I called the hospital (I'm at derby) and they told me that wouldn't be a problem they told me to do it for 2 weeks then have a 2 weeks break then if I could cope I could do it again but not to much as I need to make lifestyle changes not quick fixes so I'm starting this Wednesday for 2 weeks before my app on the 7th feb

Back