• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How many fills to get to optimum restriction?

morph

Just wondering really, I've had one fill so far, and I think I will need at least one more.
How many fills did it take for you to get to optimum restriction, and what gap between fills?

Hi AJ every one is different what suits 1 banders wouldnt maybe with another its trial and error building up to good restriction and only you will know when your ready for the next fill by what you can eat portion wise, with my 1st band it was 2 fills for me but i had a small 7mil band then, with my 2nd band was more and some times fill is lost naturally and you may need topping back up, as i said we are all different x

Last edited:
Hi there,

It depends also how your provider works, some like to build you up slowly with many little fills and others like to wap a whole load in.

I have had 4 fills and although I have good restriction can't wait for nex tone in july :)

I had loads with my first band as the nurse refused to accept there was a problem. Once I went to a competent surgeon and team, it took 3 fills for "sweet spot" with 2 more since.

I had 'little and often' fills with WLSG. I lost count, but i think i had about 6 small fills over about 8 months and i now have 9.5mls in my 9cc band.
I seem to be an exception to the rule and took a lot longer to get to my sweet spot.

I can eat everything and anything, but in small portions. Chew well, eat slowly and i dont drink with meals.
This weekend i had small piece of coconut and that was uncomfortable.

Back