• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How many mills ?

honey-dd

Hiya ,got another couple of question for banders:D

When did you have your first fill?

Who with ?

And how many mills ?

I'm asking as somone with a 10mil band had 5mil put in on there first fill and i wondered if this was normal?,

I'm with WGA as you all know, so want to get my band fill sorted as soon as i can ,WGA or THG are now offering band fills at the coach house notts around the same price as WLS. But i heard they only put one mil in at a time ?.I dont want that as it will cost me a small fortune but i equally dont want to over fill. I know everyone is different it will be great to here about everyone's first fill .

I'M also :mad: angry as i just found out that they WGA or THG have started offering fills at the x ray we all have. But they dont tell you .So both me and another who went on the same day are a bit peeved:confused:, as we could of paid the extra to have our first fill then but instead we now have to pay the full cons price with no x ray for our first fill

Anyway i hope your all ok and look forward to some replies xxxx

i had mine 6weeks post op with WLS and had 1mil put in only because mg sig had put in 3.5mils at op and told me there was nothing in there.. thats why i have been so sick with it.
emma

If u rush and have too much at once u take the gamble of it working really well or having bad effects like sickness, bruising etc resulting in total de-fill and having to start again or staying on liquids for weeks or even months on end. Every Clinic is different. My clinic said the best type of fill is slow small qtys letting your body get used to the restriction. yes i paid for a full package so have unlimted fills so money wasn't a query . I fully understand you want alot to have maximum restriction and save money on fills but from experience with others and myself it was good for me, no sickness, no pain, no difficulties and losing like a dream now, however to get to that stage wasn't easy but if your prepared for it mentally its so much easier. The problem with fills is
" Who knows what is correct for your first fill " the norm is around 1ml to 1.5ml first building up to around 6 mls in 2 or 3 more fills . I've had 3 fills now and i'm at 6.5 and its working like a dream. Its a hard question to answer as people are different. Allicat had 6.5 in her first fill and worked so well for her as u can see from her stats . I did at times wish oh i want it all in in one go but i followed my clinic, took there advice and so far so good. Your clinic are really the only ones who will know as they will have a procedure they'll follow and its unlikely they would break that , however u could explain for Money reasons u would like to try at a slightly larger restriction and worst case have to pay for a defill if u had problems , however i think in my view your best to take it slow, do as they advise and then any problems are greatly reduced. Just my opinion :) xxx

im having my first fil friday i dont know if my b and is empty or not at the mo so dont know what they will give me i will be just over 7wks post op when i get it im only expecting a small fill tho as i was told first one is small to get you used to it but as in everything iv noticed on here it varys greatly from clinic to clinic

If u rush and have too much at once u take the gamble of it working really well or having bad effects like sickness, bruising etc resulting in total de-fill and having to start again or staying on liquids for weeks or even months on end. Every Clinic is different. My clinic said the best type of fill is slow small qtys letting your body get used to the restriction. yes i paid for a full package so have unlimted fills so money wasn't a query . I fully understand you want alot to have maximum restriction and save money on fills (thanks but that's not my query " one mil in at a time ?.I dont want that as it will cost me a small fortune but i equally dont want to over fill" as you can see from that im very cautious of fills as yes i dont want to pay for one mill a time but like i said equally dont want to over fill ) but from experience with others and myself it was good for me, no sickness, no pain, no difficulties and losing like a dream now, however to get to that stage wasn't easy but if your prepared for it mentally its so much easier. The problem with fills is
" Who knows what is correct for your first fill " the norm is around 1ml to 1.5ml first building up to around 6 mls in 2 or 3 more fills . I've had 3 fills now and i'm at 6.5 and its working like a dream. Its a hard question to answer as people are different. Allicat had 6.5 in her first fill and worked so well for her as u can see from her stats . I did at times wish oh i want it all in in one go but i followed my clinic, took there advice and so far so good. Your clinic are really the only ones who will know as they will have a procedure they'll follow and its unlikely they would break that (im not with a clinic yet that's why i want some advice on fills as iv yet to book one lol), however u could explain for Money reasons u would like to try at a slightly larger restriction and worst case have to pay for a defill if u had problems ,(see again im not after a large fill. i was wondering what was the average for first fills ,and also like iv said im not wanting over fill as im cautious of fills ) however i think in my view your best to take it slow, do as they advise and then any problems are greatly reduced. Just my opinion :) xxx

Thank you :)

im having my first fil friday i dont know if my b and is empty or not at the mo so dont know what they will give me i will be just over 7wks post op when i get it im only expecting a small fill tho as i was told first one is small to get you used to it but as in everything iv noticed on here it varys greatly from clinic to clinic

i get the same lol ,i hear its 1ml then its 5ml then it is 6 and a half mil i just wish it was a blanket rule :confused:,im happy to start off small but do think if the band is empty 1 mil is not ideal untill you have a few mill in then i think its worth the one mil stage.but equally know that it minimises swelling its all so confusing lol

Its very unlikely your band will be totally empty. The reason a fill is put in on day of op is to check for leakage in most cases. If it is empty as a matter of course the band would have been filled when the packet was open to check for leakage and then de-filled and then placed. Again dependent on the surgeon. xx

Hi hun, I really do think there is no such thing as 'normal' for your first fill - we are all different after all. Like Lovebug has said, I had my first fill under x-ray control at 7 weeks post-op and had 6.5ml in a 10ml band which was empty before. I did not ask for any specific amount and was just guided by the radiologist as to what he could see and how well I was swallowing the barium stuff they use. I have been lucky and have not had any problems with this - it was quite a big fill volume wise for my first one.
I have not had another fill since (but could do with one just now!) and have 3 fills only in my package, but based on how I have been doing this should be enough for me. I have my fills at Spire in Norwich, they are all done under x-ray control and if you pay privately they cost about £180 each. Hope that helps and good luck with whatever you decide is right for you :)

Hi hun, I really do think there is no such thing as 'normal' for your first fill - we are all different after all. Like Lovebug has said, I had my first fill under x-ray control at 7 weeks post-op and had 6.5ml in a 10ml band which was empty before. I did not ask for any specific amount and was just guided by the radiologist as to what he could see and how well I was swallowing the barium stuff they use. I have been lucky and have not had any problems with this - it was quite a big fill volume wise for my first one.
I have not had another fill since (but could do with one just now!) and have 3 fills only in my package, but based on how I have been doing this should be enough for me. I have my fills at Spire in Norwich, they are all done under x-ray control and if you pay privately they cost about £180 each. Hope that helps and good luck with whatever you decide is right for you :)

Hiya:), iv just emailed spire as that's where i went for my X Ray and liked it. to see how much and if they do the fills at the place i went

Is it really around £180 for a fill and X ray?. if so im going there.As id much more prefer a fill under x ray although hate the liquid stuff lol and cheapest iv found is £250

I have 6.5cc in a 9cc band and think it's just about perfect now!

I pay for my fills....£80 each but never had one with x ray

Amanda

it will probably vary price wise between hospitals i guess but yep that is what mine will cost once i have had the 3 included in the package :) Hope you get a speedy reply from Spire - I have found them pretty good x

Back