• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lap-Band How many ml's?

sparkle76

How many ml's of fluid are put into a band during surgery? I was very surprised to hear that mine aleady has 4 mls in??? :confused:

How many ml's of fluid are put into a band during surgery? I was very surprised to hear that mine aleady has 4 mls in??? :confused:

Hi sparkle. It is dependent on the provider I think but I am a relatively new to the band too. Hopefully one of the experienced banders will give a better explanation than me:D. I had nothing in my band initially and had my first fill after 8 weeks.

tranquil

Hello there

Some surgeons do not put a fill in during surgery ( mine didnt) I know that some do . When I had mine filled for the first time I had 3 mils put in mine( I have a 7 mil band) I do not know if it all depends on the capacity of what size band you have in.........I am sure someone will come along and give you an answer . All the best - xxx

Mine is a small Lap Band with 10ml capacity. I thought it was empty til 1st band fill!
Really surprised that it is nearly half full already?

Yes I had 4mls put in during surgery as well, and then another one put in when I had the xray 6 weeks later

Well Judy and Sparkle had the same surgeon so its probably his way!

Not everyone does it but some obviously prefer to. I have a 9cc band and it had nothing in it - I was suprised it didnt as I had good restriction and didnt need a fill until some months after the op x

I've got half a mil in apparently! appetite is slowly getting better and officially on pureed now..don't have my first fill until the 5th March *unimpressed face*

I've got half a mil in apparently! appetite is slowly getting better and officially on pureed now..don't have my first fill until the 5th March *unimpressed face*

Don't worry Leonie, the puree's will fill you a bit more then solids even more when you move onto them.

5th March will be here before you know it! ;) x

Thanks, glad it's not a mistake!! I'm on liquid diet for another 12 days! Sick of the sight of soup already!
Leonie- I was wondering how you're getting on. How did you deal with the trapped wind pain,it's killing me!! :mad:

Well it seems like it's down to the surgeon like mazza and cazbandy said.
Good news is that wind pain has gone!!!
wildthing-same surgeon, snap! How have things been since your op?
Leonie-I envy you being on the soft diet!! My appetite is creeping back too. 5th March will be here before you know it! My 1st fill is booked in for 17th Feb? I'll still be on soft diet then?

I don't know what mine is. Just had band put in this last thursday but am not sure about any of those. Have my first post-op followup on February 5 so I will definitely find out. Don't know what size my band is either. :( Kinda feel like I didn't find out half the stuff I needed too before I left the hospital. :( :( :(

Hi, the surgeon told me I have a small band in, so I assume it's a 7ml, he left it empty until 6 weeks and then put 2 mls in. xx

As far as I know the LAP-BAND system uses 10 and 14 cc bands and the Swedish (Realize) which is what I have is a 9cc - one size fits all.

There may be a 7cc one but it might not be one from the main manufacturers?

hi i have a lap band 14ml band i had no fluid put in on my original op but the next two port replacements i had 4mls in the seconed one and 6mls on the third one i guess he put more in as it was just a port replacement but i got my first fill 6 weeks after the first surgery but when i had my xray fill the second fill there was no fluid in it i think my leeks started that far back my xray fill was 7.5 mls but at the mo i have 10 mls in my band i think a good restriction for me personally is 11.5 but everyone is different!

Back