• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How Many of us Irish Here

Ulidia

I was wondering how many Irish folk are here on the forum. There is no funding here for the procedures so I suspect not many but it would be nice to hear from you all.

Who knows, we may even get to meet up sometime.

U

Hi Bee!

I should have asked how many of the people here on the forum live in Ireland. But I guess everyone knew what I meant.

No funding here for us fatties, or should that be ex-fatties. I am nearly at the 65lb mark since 25 September when I had my by-pass at Spires Manchester.

I called into the post office yesterday to buy some stamps. I have not been there since the summer and the two girls (ladies actually)behind the counter were amazed at my appearance.

Moments like that make up for the depression of Christmas and New Year parties when all around are eating and drinking.

U

I am in Co. Down BTY

I was wondering how many Irish folk are here on the forum. There is no funding here for the procedures so I suspect not many but it would be nice to hear from you all.

Who knows, we may even get to meet up sometime.

U

Im Irish but living in London (although I do spend a good bit of time back in Cork). I am having my surgery in Charing Cross on the 19th Jan.

I'm from Co. Down too, i'm 9 months post op so didnt find christmas difficult at all, still had my dinner just alot less than everyone else! it does get easier and easier! I only have 17 lb left to lose, which i'm hoping if i start the exercise should be gone by may for my hols!!! When people are shocked to see you, is the best feeling in the world, you know then through all the pain (and money) it was the best decision of ur life!!!

Bee it's the best feeling ever being told you look good. Even for us guys, believe me.

I have a bit to go yet but I'll get there and I too am looking forward to my holidays later in the year. I plan to do the things fat people don't do much, like swim, wear shorts, go walking and fit into the seat belt on the aeroplane without the embarrasment of having to ask for an extension!

Now how many of you have had to do that?

U

Hi Margaret

We exhanged posts some weeks ago. Great to hear you have had your operation. Best wishes for 2010 and your weight loss.

U

Bee it's the best feeling ever being told you look good. Even for us guys, believe me.

I have a bit to go yet but I'll get there and I too am looking forward to my holidays later in the year. I plan to do the things fat people don't do much, like swim, wear shorts, go walking and fit into the seat belt on the aeroplane without the embarrasment of having to ask for an extension!

Now how many of you have had to do that?

U

I'm looking forward to my first ever slim holiday! being able to walk without being out of breath, without having sore feet, without sweating constantly!!! will be great!!!!

Roll on the holiday season Bee!

Going anywhere interesting? Probably France again for me and a secret little cottage I know where only the select few get to book it!

France without wine, seafood, steaks and pan. How the heck will I manage?

U

Back