• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How many cals were u having in your sloppy stage

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Hi all was just wondering how many cals you were having post bypass in your sloppy stage.
At my hospital we do 2 weeks liquids, then 2 weeks sloppy then weeks 4/6 start introducing normal foods.
Also is it true we only absorb 30% of calories after our bypass or is that wishful thinking :)
Am struggling with this stage and now having a protein shake starting today that was 35 grms protein and even with the shake still only got 48 grms protein, is this going to hinder my weight loss at this stage.
Thanks and take care xxx

i don't know for sure but I thought we by passed about a third of the calories so 66% are absorbed, but I am sure someone more experienced will let you know for sure

Roch, in these very early days hun I wouldnt be worried about "eating" too much. Its impossible to do, and infact the more you can take on board the quicker you will start to feel some kind of normal energy levels returning. I also wouldnt get too hung up on the amount of protein you are having. Yes, get as much a you can, but dont panic if you are not getting enough. Your body has more than enough stores to keep it going for a little while yet. It will become much easier when you are eating proper food.

I believe the average RNYer malabsorbs 30%, meaning we absorb 70% but it will depend on the length of the bypass.

Hope that helps hun xx

Hi Roch

I've just had my 1st follow up appointment today and was told not to calorie count, just to make sure that my diet was varied and healthy, focusing on protein 1st.

The dietician said it's still too early to be worried about calories, it's about healing ourselves.

If you like them Roch there is no problem taking more than oneprotein shake. At th eoutset I made mine up very thinly with lots of water, added sweetners to taste and a spoon of coffee to add depth to the flavour. Whizz it all up and it tastses much better. I recently bought a smoothie maker from tesco £20 and do them in that. You can add ice as well and it crushes it all up like a smoothis.

Glad to see you about and so positive. You are going to do brillantly

M

I have to admit Roch I am not taking any notice of what I am eating in the way of grams of protein or carbs yet but I am trying to get as much protein in as possible, i.e. chicken, fish, milky drinks, yoghurts and a tiny amount of carbs for my tea. I have discovered that I can't tollerate philly cheese! Oh and I had a moment of eyes bigger than my belly last night and discovered what it was like to be overfull, it felt as if I had food stuck in my gullet, it was really easy to get rid of despite horror stories, perhaps it is all the liquid I am chucking down my neck also?

Back