• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How mnay ml in first fill?

lalole

Jax
hi, I had my first fill yesterday and she put 3ml in, is this the average amount? how much did everybody else have in and how many ml before you could feel restriction? x

hi, I had my first fill yesterday and she put 3ml in, is this the average amount? how much did everybody else have in and how many ml before you could feel restriction? x

Hi I had my first fill 7th September and had 4ml put in. I haven't had anymore fills yet as hospital won't allow me to as I'm still losing weight even though I feel hungry all time and could eat loads I'm just trying my damn hardest to following the rules x

thanks for the reply, so you don't feel any restriction? you cant win can you, your losing weight through will power which means you cant have another fill, so do you have to eat rubbish to stop losing weight, then you can get the help? Doesn't make sense x

thanks for the reply, so you don't feel any restriction? you cant win can you, your losing weight through will power which means you cant have another fill, so do you have to eat rubbish to stop losing weight, then you can get the help? Doesn't make sense x

I can eat anything at the moment on the odd occasion I get a reminder I've got a band fitted when I get something stuck, I still have my food on a 7inch plate and eat the right foods and follow the 20 20 20 rule only cos I love loosing weight and don't want to put any on, I've been banded 16 weeks and lost 4stone I have an appointment in November with a dietitian so going to ask then for a fill. How are you finding it?

Wow 4 stone is amazing, before I had my fill I could eat anything I want it was as if I hadn't had a band, I only had my fill yesterday so I am on liquids so I don't really know if it has had any affect yet but I have decided to make more or an effort and eat on a smaller plate from now on, I was told not to do that before my fill. My soup has gone down great though, infact still a little hungry - or bored haven't quite got the hang of working that out yet x

I've had spag bol for tea on a tea plate, I wouldn't say I'm hungry but I don't think the fill has made much difference x

the dietician is phoning me on the 20th and should be booking me in for that week. I got peckish last night and had a piece of ham, had a bite and could feel my chest getting tight, I felt that if I carried on eating something would get stuck so I stopped, I can have more solid food for tea tonight so will see how I go with that x

Hi girls :) been lurking around watching all the excitement with all you new banded girls..... I was banded 1 yr 8 months ago via the nhs and as yet still have an empty band!!! Cant really offer advise on the fills and mils bit but can offer lots of advice on banded life.... I have lost total 11 1/2 stone most of that with my band just following the rules..... get those small plates out, eat dense protein, 20 20 20 remembering the important 20 is the break in-between each mouthful .....that's what tells you when your full :) wishing you all so much luck on your weight loss road trip..... its not an easy path but so exciting when rattling down those sizes..... top tip don't spend load of money on new clothes :) x x x x

Six years post op band here.

If you are waiting for something to stop you eating what you can/want, then you will have a long wait. The band is a tool and it has restricted you. It's down to you how you use it.

As far as I'm aware the advice post op is the same, protein should be eaten first and foremost. Vegetables next and low GI carbs if you need them. Refined carbohydrates (such as 'white' rice and pasta) are rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream, causing risky spikes in blood sugar and insulin levels.

Read your post op diet information and if you are in doubt over anything, go back to your team.

You will probably have to work to lose but your band can help you, if you follow the guidance.

Thanks crystal and mazza, great advice. I am eating off a small plate and it does seem to be enough its just the cravings for junk food that's hard lol x

Hi lalole,

How have you been today after your fill x x

Hi Tracey, im OK I have been eating off a small plate and trying the 20 20 20 and the small plate is filling me, not filling me as much as I used to get but obviously I was putting too much food in my mouth or I wouldn't be here. I wouldn't say I have major restriction I could eat more if I wanted im just trying my best not too. So far everything is going down pretty well x

Just asked you this on another thread x x

Are you starting to feel more in control now? You sound as though you are

Yeah a little bit. I went my mums for tea tonight and couldn't finish it although a hour later I'm at home and could easily eat so think I'm going to need to find will power, I have noticed of I take a too big of a bite of food it hurts slightly going down, nothing has been stuck but apart from bread I've not ate any food that are common in causing problems x

Back