• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2nd fill

thinkbethin

I had my 2nd fill today and have now got 7.5 ml in my 9 ml band. I really hope this gives me a lot more restriction as there's not much room left after this for many more fills:eek:. I've got space for another 1.5 ml and then I'm buggared if that does'nt work.:confused:

I hope you get the restriction you need. I have 7.5 in a 10ml and feel no restriction so I am worried like you.

I hope this helps you out. Do the doctors tell you what the next step is if you max out your band? Sorry if it is a silly question.

Good luck Gaynor!!

How are you feeling? I guess your are on liquid and sloppies for a while now?

Be sure to let us know how you get on! :)

hope it works this time for you :fingerscrossed:

I've got 4.5ml in a 10ml band (topped up from 2ml last Thurs) and I'm really struggling with sloppies...managing drinks fine, but food is a minefield at the moment :(

im panicking too! its something i never thought about. i have 7.5ml in an 11 ml band am also not finding a great deal of restriction?

Hiya

dont know if this helps or not, but I was told when I had a band adjustment, that there hasn't been anyone who has maxed out their bands. Once you get past a certain percentage, they start putting smaller amounts in, sometimes 0.5 mil can make all the difference between no real restriction and a good restriction. I dont think you should worry about it yet, its still early days. In the beginning they put in quite high amounts, but then this slows to under 1mil as you get more in your band. Also dont forget, you always lose even a tiny amount through natural events, so that has to be topped up as well. If you are unsure, check with the people who do your band fills.

regards

MNL:)

Thinkbethin this is so true. With the band adjustments I have had,every time is like starting at square 1 with food. Also, sometimes when you have an adjustment food that you could eat before your adjustment, you find that you can no longer eat. For instance, I used to be able to eat toast, and then I had an adjustment in April, and have not been able to eat bread of any kind of description since. I used to be able to eat baked beans, and now I cant, bananas have been a no-no since band fill 1, and I still cant have them. It really is trial and error every time. Good luck with your getting back to normal food.

MNL:)

I don't know but mnl has given some reassurance. I've just read a post by Fuze who is having bypass after having band for 4 years.

hi gaynor band to bypass does happen but its a rare thing, they do it in rare occasions usually due to bad complications ect but are reluctant to x

im sure you will gaynor, the sweet spot can be met by the difference of as little as 0.5 of a mil xxx

Back