• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How much did you pay for private bypass?

wombat

Hi there?

I am just wondering how much did you pay for your surgery in total and what does it include?

I will try NHS, but truthly sayin with bmi 39.8 I dont know if they accept me and the waiting is way too long.

Oh, and had anybody done it abroad? I read very mixed review about it. I feel that I would be safer in UK.

Thanks for your replies :)

xx

i had private wls with southwest bariatric surgery group which is based in taunton. i know that it is available cheaper from other companies but i was impressed with the life long aftercare commitment i got with them. i paid £10,500 in jan of this year for a rny laprascopic gastric bypass. ps i would personally not want to go abroad for surgery...but as with everything else it is personal choice. my advice to you is research research research...good luck x

Yeah I paid around 10,000 with mr Ammori at Spire hospital manchester. He is a fantastic surgeon and has a little fan club going on here, cos of his attention to detail and fast recovery in patients x x x

I went with Surgicare and paid 10,500 for the bypass also with a life long care package

Yeah I paid around 10,000 with mr Ammori at Spire hospital manchester. He is a fantastic surgeon and has a little fan club going on here, cos of his attention to detail and fast recovery in patients x x x

Hiya, Mintball,
Just wondering how Mr. Ammori's recovery rates differ to other surgeon's. Any ideas why? Is it anything to do with keyhole surgery, rather than open, do you think? Also, what sort of advice were you given after your op?

Gosh what alot of money
My husband said if I had not been referred we would re-mortgage to pay but to be honest there is no way on earth we could afford to.
It is so unfair, how can all the PCT's be so different.
x

I'm not an expert but after keyhole surgery with Mr Ammorri, there are no drains in the wound and no cathetar. He also sews the pouch differently, he doesn't use staples so less chance of leakage. Apparantly people travel from all over to watch him perform this procedure and his success rate is fantastic.

As for advice after the op, people vary, ur best speaking to the surgeon performing ur op cos depending on how they do it will depend on rules after the op x x x

I'm not an expert but after keyhole surgery with Mr Ammorri, there are no drains in the wound and no cathetar. He also sews the pouch differently, he doesn't use staples so less chance of leakage. Apparantly people travel from all over to watch him perform this procedure and his success rate is fantastic.

As for advice after the op, people vary, ur best speaking to the surgeon performing ur op cos depending on how they do it will depend on rules after the op x x x

Thanks, Lisa,
I think I might post a new thread, asking people to comment on their recovery, immediately post-op. Everyone seems to have a different experience, but it would be interesting to know if there is a link (with speedy and effective recovery)between the post surgery advice given by the surgeon, the type of surgery
(keyhole vs open), and if there was anything unique about the way the surgeon operates (like Mr. Ammorri sewing the pouch instead of stapling, and not using drains or a catheter).

Hope you're ok - it sounds like you are recovering really well. xx

Sue

Am I right in saying that Dr Ammouri works at Hope Hospital (salford royal) or do he work at lots ?
I am haing my Band at Hope, will it be him or ar there lots of surgeons sorry I am not well up on all this. One of my friends works in a theatre in Hope Hospital liked to intensive Care & A&E and I said to my hubby I hope she is not working teh day I go in, to my amazement he stated that there IS more than 1 theatre in hope hospital !!! I must have been having a blonde day haha x

Thanks, Lisa,
I think I might post a new thread, asking people to comment on their recovery, immediately post-op. Everyone seems to have a different experience, but it would be interesting to know if there is a link (with speedy and effective recovery)between the post surgery advice given by the surgeon, the type of surgery
(keyhole vs open), and if there was anything unique about the way the surgeon operates (like Mr. Ammorri sewing the pouch instead of stapling, and not using drains or a catheter).

Hope you're ok - it sounds like you are recovering really well. xx

Sue

Hi Sue, I'm doing OK now, back to work today!!!!

Am I right in saying that Dr Ammouri works at Hope Hospital (salford royal) or do he work at lots ?
I am haing my Band at Hope, will it be him or ar there lots of surgeons sorry I am not well up on all this. One of my friends works in a theatre in Hope Hospital liked to intensive Care & A&E and I said to my hubby I hope she is not working teh day I go in, to my amazement he stated that there IS more than 1 theatre in hope hospital !!! I must have been having a blonde day haha x

I think Mr Ammori does Spire Manchester and Alexander Manchester, no idea if her works at others but possibly x x x

Hi
I paid 10,000 with Surgicare too. I had Mr Ammori and my recovery has been fantastic. Surgicare have a bril after care package and help you every step along the way!

I went with Healthier Weight at the Alex in Cheadle and had Mr Ammori do my op. He was brilliant and I have had no problems whatsoever. No sickness, no dumping, nothing. I am now 9 months post op and doing fantastically. Would definately recommend the op and Mr Ammori too!!

not too bad, cos of kids hols i managed to go back on 3 day weeks for the first two weeks so eased in gently x x x

I went with Healthier Weight at the Alex in Cheadle and had Mr Ammori do my op. He was brilliant and I have had no problems whatsoever. No sickness, no dumping, nothing. I am now 9 months post op and doing fantastically. Would definately recommend the op and Mr Ammori too!!

I'll second that too - I had Basil Ammori at the Alex in Cheadle - top knife man and i'd recomend him to anyone, i went half way across the country to have him operate on me.

I did a little research on him before i met him, till me he'd done 852 RNYGB ops, and has only had 3 re admissions for leakage, all sorted within an hour post operation ! his success rate is very high, and hasn't lost a paitent yet, in fact i've never heard anyone here say anything slightly negative and there are quite a few here that have had our ops done by him !

i'll second that Richard, that man or "god" as i like to call him has helped me in more ways than just the operation, he spent time talking to me and my family, wrote letters on my behalf without my knowledge just to try to help me get funding and other ways too that are more personal but he went WAY WAY above the call of duty for me. I can honestly say this is far more than a job to him and he's an absolute perfectionist....my mum thought he was quite dishy too!!!

i'll second that Richard, that man or "god" as i like to call him has helped me in more ways than just the operation, he spent time talking to me and my family, wrote letters on my behalf without my knowledge just to try to help me get funding and other ways too that are more personal but he went WAY WAY above the call of duty for me. I can honestly say this is far more than a job to him and he's an absolute perfectionist....my mum thought he was quite dishy too!!!

:heartpump:
mmmmmmmm I agree!!

Back