• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how much did you pay private??

kphorrox

how much did people pay to go private...
i feel abit selfish to say this and i dont wish to offend or upset anyone but why should i pay when i really feel i shouldnt have to.
i would find away to get the money but i see that as money my family would find hard to pay back and would have to sacrafice things

I don't think its selfish to have it done on the NHS.

Some choose to go private because they don't want to wait for one on the NHS or the don't meet the criteria.

I having my bypass on the NHS, but am consider paying for my daughter to have a band privately. If I pay for her's I'd also have to get a lone as I have about half the money. I don't work because I'm disabled so not sure I'd qualify for one.

Hey pinky..........wot part of london is your humble abode???

Hi Kerry, sorry can't help as I was NHS. Only thing I can say though is that if you're not getting anywhere with funding and that they keep turning you down then whatever the cost to go private has got to be worth your health.

I paid just under £5000 for mine with the hospital group. I tried for over a year to get it through the NHS and they said that I wasnt fat enough, and didnt have enough illnessess to qualify for this on the nhs. I managed to get the funds together and didnt have to get the loan, but had to make sacrifices in other areas, but it was worth it to me.

MNL:eek:

Mine cost £5,500 as I was over BMI 45 - this was at the Hosp Grp. Bromsgrove. I had to go private as Wales NHS does virtually no WLS.

It cost everything my Oh and I had (and more), but is worth every penny. Sometimes you gotta bite the financial bullet and get what you need despite it being unfair. When deciding on whether to buy goods/services I always try and ask myself which do I want - the WLS/Shoes/Lovely top/ etc or the money. In the case of WLS there was no contest. (Actually if I'm honest the money stands little chance against the shoes or clothes either!).

Really hope things work out for you. I can relate to your frustration x

Hi. I could not face going through the criteria of the NHS even though my BMI is 46. I decided to go private and it was a personal choice. The cost was £10900 and as my partner says, there is no price on health and happiness.

Hi Kerry
What about Bupa or something like that , but I don't know how it works .
To tell you the truth I don't think you should have to pay either . I asked my mortgage provider to lend the money last year because I was fed up waiting and they turned me down . But they give me the money for my bungalow , the mind boggles . And I`v only got 5 more years on the mortgage . Take care .
Margaret xx

I explored NHS option but it was never going to happen in my postcode :mad::mad:

To be completely honest with you I am putting mine on the credit card :eek::eek: However I am expecting to receive some money within the year which will pay it off but even so I had just go to the point that any amount of money is worth paying.

I feel like I'm paying mega bucks compared to others - my band is costing £7,440 with Nuffield including 2 years after care. Is this expensive??

I explored NHS option but it was never going to happen in my postcode :mad::mad:

To be completely honest with you I am putting mine on the credit card :eek::eek: However I am expecting to receive some money within the year which will pay it off but even so I had just go to the point that any amount of money is worth paying.

I feel like I'm paying mega bucks compared to others - my band is costing £7,440 with Nuffield including 2 years after care. Is this expensive??

I get no aftercare on the basic surgery I went for. I have to pay for fills as well. I'm lucky that I'm getting aftercare from NHS WEight Man. clinic. x

£5950 Abbey Group Liverpool (3 year aftercare including fills)
I thought about it for about 3 years before. I gave up smoking which I dont regret but I just kept piling on the weight. Like most people here I tried all the diets , Lipotrim, weightwatchers, slimmers world, reductil, orlistat etc etc. My doctor didnt understand , he said all the usual stuff. So I decided enough was enough. I picked up the phone and got a date there and then , it was about 4 weeks from the call to the op.My doctor said I was heading for a heart attack but still wouldnt consider surgery lol ( it was probably a scare tactic). I havent lost as much as some on here but I feel so much more confident already. Its true you cant put a price on your health, your happiness .. on you. I hope you can get it on the NHS I wish everyone who needs it could. Good luck x Not sure if I should post this cos Ive wittered on .. but what the hell.

I chose to go private because:

A, i didn't want the hassle, embarresment and torment the NHS seem to put obese people trying to gain funding through.

B, I wanted the best of the best doing my op and wanted the aftercare to make sure i succeeded with my weight loss.

I paid 10.5k for mine and like some others have said its worth every penny !

Seems that with the NHS its a bit of a lottery filling the criteria for WLS and you dont really get to choose your surgeon or where you have the op, if your lucky you get a good surgeon.

there are a few different amounts as im sure it would be worth every penny i just worry about repayments as im a childminder you never feel secure in work

would you be paying for a band or a bypass kerry ? as the higher prices quoted are for bypass x

I paid £7K with Healthier weight. There are different prices but you have to look at the whole package and aftercare. I care aftercare (Bariactric nurse, dietician, support groups, 24 hour emergency line and lots more) for LIFE and unlimited fills for 2 years.

I can pick up the phone anytime and they talk to me about anything and everything. I have heard some people have paid nearly £2K but get almost no aftercare.

When checking out your prices then do look at the whole picture and be careful as the cheapest is not always the best option.

I was going to go private at the nuffield saw the surgeon and paid the fee to see him think it was about £120 The price was about £7200 for a band, but my car conked out so the money went on that. So glad as I ended up having the bypass on the NHS all done and dusted in 16 weeks and I can not fault the NHS at all

Back