• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how much did you pay private??

My band op will cost £6850 with Shaw Somers at the BMI Hampshire Clinic. Package includes 3 fills with x-ray and unlimited other fills, support group, calls to or visit bariatric nurse, appointments with surgeon as and when required etc..... all for first year. Additional fills after that need to be paid for.

My journey was like some people here, NHS waiting,ect, and no luck, so ended up paying for my band, the best thing I ever did, I went to belgium, paid nearly £4000, including hotel and transfers. I do not regret it at all, I had my op on 8th may, I have lost just over 2 stone and have not looked back since having it done. X

I chose to go private because:

A, i didn't want the hassle, embarresment and torment the NHS seem to put obese people trying to gain funding through.

B, I wanted the best of the best doing my op and wanted the aftercare to make sure i succeeded with my weight loss.

I paid 10.5k for mine and like some others have said its worth every penny !

Seems that with the NHS its a bit of a lottery filling the criteria for WLS and you dont really get to choose your surgeon or where you have the op, if your lucky you get a good surgeon.

Had I got the money I would probably have done the same for exactly the same reasons.

hey there doves im going to get my band done a Nuffield as well next wednesday but i done it thru surgicare for £7.950.

Kerry if it was'nt for my co-morbidities I would probably be in the same position you're in. I can honestly say that there would have been no way apart from a lottery win that I could have afforded to pay private for my band.My credit cards are maxed out most of the time with just everyday living costs so that would'nt have been an option.
I hope you find a solution to this other than having to wait untill you have co-morbidities. Good luck xxGaynorxx

I chose to go private because:

A, i didn't want the hassle, embarresment and torment the NHS seem to put obese people trying to gain funding through.

B, I wanted the best of the best doing my op and wanted the aftercare to make sure i succeeded with my weight loss.

I paid 10.5k for mine and like some others have said its worth every penny !

Seems that with the NHS its a bit of a lottery filling the criteria for WLS and you dont really get to choose your surgeon or where you have the op, if your lucky you get a good surgeon.

Hi SS

Who did your surgery and where?

~hugs~

i m sure if everyone was in the position to pay private we would have a long waiting list i will get there in the end some how

Back