• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How much did your health improve after WLS

purplepansyem

Crazy Cat Lady ;)
I currently have several health issues that I'm hoping will either significantly ease or go away completely after my WLS.

I have arthritis in my neck and knees and a bad back. I also have Planter Fasciitis in my left foot, I'm borderline diabetic and my cholesterol level is 5.2.

One of the worst problems I have is hirsutism. After being on steroids (on and off) for over a year, I developed what can only be described as a beard and I now have to shave every day, which I hate.

I was wondering what other people suffered with that either eased or disappeared after the op.

My hair growth is still there, but treatments are more effective. After using IPL, I no longer need to shave daily. Previously nothing made a difference.

I was lucky I had no real health issues - normal bp, not raised cholesterol, not diabetic but I had lots of aches and pains esp in my left ankle after standing or walking for more than 5 mins also my bad ached a lot, now those aches and pains have gone after losing over 8st

Intensive pulsed light (or something like that) I think the Nono they advertise is one?

purplepansyem Hi and welcome I hope all your health problems disappear Im hopeing all mine do too. I want to come off all my meds too. That is the first and biggest reason why i want the WLS . Im pre diabetic,have sleep apnea ,high blood pressure controlled by 3 different tabs ,thrombocytes and a under active thyroid .So hoping it all goes away although I know I cant get rid of the thrombo and the thyroid probs. I will let you know once im on the opposite side of WLS .

purplepansyem Hi and welcome I hope all your health problems disappear Im hopeing all mine do too. I want to come off all my meds too. That is the first and biggest reason why i want the WLS . Im pre diabetic,have sleep apnea ,high blood pressure controlled by 3 different tabs ,thrombocytes and a under active thyroid .So hoping it all goes away although I know I cant get rid of the thrombo and the thyroid probs. I will let you know once im on the opposite side of WLS .

Yes, please do :)

My surgeon and his team tell me my diabetes, blood pressure sleep apnoea, Orthostatic Hypotension, Pitted Oedema legs hands and feet and high cholesterol will improve.
My Fibromyalgia / Post Viral Fatigue and Reflux may improve but if not they will become easier to manage when my weight is a lot less.

My Peripheral Neuropathy won’t improve but again will be easier when my weight is a lot less.

Back