• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How much dietary support will i have post op?

Clare*

Hello There

I hope you are having a lovely restful Sunday ... last night , panic set in ! I have spent so many hours researching the operation, and what will happen in Theatre ,however i dont really know what to expect when im discharged ... will the dietitian give me advice on the ward ? will i be given ideas for recipes etc? I want to get as much info as possible ... I cant believe i am two days away from my milk diet ... and now i ask for help ... im a silly moo.

Thank you very much for your help ... I have tried to look on this forum for recipes ,im sure i have found them before .. can someone jog my memory please ?

All the best xxx:confused:

Clare i have to say i had a sheet given to me at discharge. Best dietary advice given has been on this site.

Check out www.bariatriccookery.com and you will see some fab recipes for various stages post op.

I personally just tried to aim for protein first then hit the veg. Bit boring and wish Carol had written the bariatric cookery book a darn sight earlier lol...

Don't worry about it x

Hi Clare!!!
Don't panic! My dietician came into ward and spent an hour or so talking me through what I could/should have. I was also given a good booklet from him as a reminder.
Also, bariatriccookery.com has some good recipes and the book itself is quite useful!
X

Hi Clare

From what I've heard about Chichester they'll make sure you've all the info you need x x

Back