• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How much do you dump on? How to read labels?

amysbypass

Silly question really but here goes. I'm pre op but a little dumb on these things.
How do you read the labels on things to know how much sugar is in something?
Also how much would make you dump?
sorry to be soo dumb! Lol! And thanks in advance! X big hugs X

i think the key, as someone told me, is to choose things that have less than 5g of fat and sugar per 100g, thats what i try to do now. Everyone is different regarding dumping. Just tried to avoid sugary things or have a very small amount x

Or fatty things! Sugars and fats can make you dump if you are susceptible. Also, as our bowels process sugar substitute in the same way it does sugars, try and avoid large amounts of anything sweet.

Fat has a slightly different effect to sugar, technically it's not a dump if it's fat. Fat affects your bowels more than your intestines.

With sugar, the 5g/100g rule is a good one to start with. You'll learn your tolerances as you go along. Its important to remember that all carbs are broken down into sugars, but that with simple carbs this happens very quickly. So things like white bread and white pasta can make you dump too even though they would fall under the 5g/100g rule.

Back