• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How much does you weight fluctuate

kirstyjade

This is a question for all you daily weighers, I was wondering how much your weight fluctuates between morning and evening? Is it possible to weigh 7lb heavier at the end of the day?

I would retain water so yes. Equally possible for me to lose 5lbs of water in a day. Not so much now as I don't retain as much, but used to be. Its why I weigh once a week at the same time each week.

It will depend on individual differences, but yeah I think it is entirely possible. I dont weigh in the evening at all and not every morning. I find that far too depressing, as I suffer from water retention quite badly. But I do know that a few years ago when I was about 25 stone, I lost 10 lbs overnight (I went to the loo 6 times!).

It will depend on individual differences, but yeah I think it is entirely possible. I dont weigh in the evening at all and not every morning. I find that far too depressing, as I suffer from water retention quite badly. But I do know that a few years ago when I was about 25 stone, I lost 10 lbs overnight (I went to the loo 6 times!).

How did you lose that 10lb overnight was you ill? Or just fasting and drinking lots of water?

My weight seems to fluctuate 7-8 lbs from morning to evening and I thought my scales were at fault but maybe i have alot of water retention? Sorry if this is a dumb question but how would I know if I get bad water retention?

Do you get swollen ankles? Also I could press into my skin in some places and my thumb would leave an indent.

Do you get swollen ankles? Also I could press into my skin in some places and my thumb would leave an indent.

My ankles and feet do swell a little especially when iv been on my feet for quite a while, but not to the point of having a roll where my ankle meets the foot like some people my size do

I never had a roll either, just swelling. Particularly in the summer months.

weight can naturally fluctuate by 4-7lb during a day, averaging around a 5lb increase,

No it wasn't due to diet, it was purely due to water retention. I'd been put on a trial of diuretics. My main signs are that my fingers, breasts and legs swell. But its only really noticeable to me.

My legs would get swollen and my fingers. They'dstart to hurt it got so bad. Like you diuretics would drop weight off me instantly. I lost a stone over a weekend because Of them. I do still get retention.

There are herbal ones but if your not in pain I would avoid as they're bad for your liver.

I only took them for 5 days, my doctor wanted to confirm water retention. I used to get really sore breasts, so that was the reason. I have PCOS, and they think in my case its connected. I personally would not want to take them long term, unpleasant side effects. I find swimming is the best thing for me to manage it.

2-4lbs for me. It was more when I was bigger though.

Back