• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How much Exercise?

bexmoss86

I apologise if this thread has already been posted...and i know google is my friend but id still like to know how much exercise I should do each time I go to the gym?

After ive been to the gym I am pretty much tired and sweaty. I do

- 30 mins Cross Trainer Level 6
- 20 mins stationary bike Level 6
- 10 mins walking 2% incline

- 30 mins swimming (25 lengths ish)

I've not lost any weight and ive been doing this routine for the past week. Do I need to step it up to like running :)cry:) or should i just persevere?

I apologise if this thread has already been posted...and i know google is my friend but id still like to know how much exercise I should do each time I go to the gym?

I've not lost any weight and ive been doing this routine for the past week. Do I need to step it up to like running :)cry:) or should i just persevere?

looks to me you're doing very well, i'd keep persevering with what you're doing for now and see how it goes, lot's of aerobic exercise is good for weight loss as is your reduced intake of calories, you'll see the benefits, stick at it....oh and remember muscle weighs more than fat !! ;)

I can not advise on exercize cause I dont do any apart from walking now and again and working lol Keep up the good work

You are doing fantastic with the exercise hun but your not eating enough, I have read your menu's and you are eating nowhere near enough for the exercise you are doing. You MUST eat breakfast this is a MUST MUST MUST, have the likes of ham and egg salad with beetroot etc for lunch (good protein) with some salad cream light or mayo for a dressing and have a good dinner with lots of vegetables eg cottage pie with brocolli and carrots and a bit of gravy

I have done hardly any exercise at all, maybe twice since my op and I have lost 27lb, when doing lots of exercise you must up your calorie intake even if its only by 100/150 cals it will make all the difference, I know all this cos my brother is a personal trainer and advises me all the time about different things unfortunately he just couldn't loose the weight for me lol

I guarantee you if you eat more and drink more the weight will start falling off you

If you dont eat enough your body goes into starvation mode so any food you do eat is stored as fat, yes you have to eat less and exercise more to loose weight but you must make sure your body has enough food to keep it going and in your case you dont have enough, if a car doesn't have enough fuel it wont run properly and the same goes for us

Sorry if I sound like im lecturing you (Im a mum) its just I hate to see you do all this exercise and loosing no weight

Also have you measured yourself, you could find you have lost a lot if inches, I couldn't believe mine when I checked..17 1/2, if you havn't measured yourself do it now, measure your waist, hips, tummy (around your belly button) under bust, bust, thighs, calf and arms, you'll be amazed when you see the inches dropping off

Just try what I have said for at least one week (please) and see if it works x

Last edited:
Thanks mum ;) ;)
Thanks everyone for your replies :)
No, I know I need to eat more and its not even the band thats making me not eat, im just being stubborn with myself and thinking that if i eat hardly anything, the weight will fly off. And its not...great idea that was

soooooooo starting from this morning I had a small bran and banana muffin, so lets see how this breakfast malarky goes!

x

Thanks mum ;) ;)
Thanks everyone for your replies :)
No, I know I need to eat more and its not even the band thats making me not eat, im just being stubborn with myself and thinking that if i eat hardly anything, the weight will fly off. And its not...great idea that was

soooooooo starting from this morning I had a small bran and banana muffin, so lets see how this breakfast malarky goes!

x

Good woman, even if its only a small breakfast it still kick starts your metabolism, you've seen thats not the way to loose weight and your now learning from it so hopefully you'll see a drop in the scales next week :fingerscrossed:

I edited my last post about measurements etc.....

Your exercise looks good on paper. However, what you need to make sure is that you get you heart rate up for 60 mins a day, the more you sweat the better.

So as long as you are pushing yourself and getting that heart pumping then you are doing great.

BUT, you must up you food intake.

I proper sweat when im at the gym, I mean, its dripping off me Its quite embarrassing really. I thought we were meant to glow! Not full on sweat! ha
My heart rate when im doing cardio tends to be in the 150-160 range and that is usually enough to get me out of breath.
I'll let you know how I get on with the scales after eating a bit more and carrying on with the exercise :)

re the food intake, when i did WW, my group leader always said your body is like a furnace, if you're not putting enough fuel in, it aint gonna burn at full power, by cutting back the ole starvation mode will be on the brain's mind!! eat and execise and you shall lose!! ;)

I proper sweat when im at the gym, I mean, its dripping off me Its quite embarrassing really. I thought we were meant to glow! Not full on sweat! ha
My heart rate when im doing cardio tends to be in the 150-160 range and that is usually enough to get me out of breath.
I'll let you know how I get on with the scales after eating a bit more and carrying on with the exercise :)

Hi Bex

Sounds like you are really getting into a good fitness regime which is fantastic.

My advice is as the others have said, have your 3 meals a day (to include brekkie - I have to make myself eat it too!) and on the days you are going to the gym eat that little bit extra.

It may also be worth having a word with one of the fitness instructors at the gym for some advice or they may be able to give you a programme. The instructors at my gym are not big fans of long sessions on the cross trainer, they say if you can do more than 15 minutes you are not working effectively (their words not mine). I was adviced to do more on the treadmill as the up right bike hurts my poor old knees. I have built upto an hour session on an incline and cover over 6.5 kms - bloody knackered afterwards though.

With the swimming I used to be in a swimming club so Im still a pretty good swimmer. You could start by timing yourself on one lenghth or two and then try and beat that time to try and speed up.

All suggestions only but you are doing really well - keep up the good work! :D

Maz

I used to be in a swimming club, i used to love it so much but quitting it was where the weight problems started :( I used to swim the 1500 free and 800 free so i can still swim long distances no probs. I love swimming, more than the gym :D
Thats really good advice, to ask at the gym, I may even invest in a personal training session when ive lost a bit more weight on my own, to keep me focussed, whaddya think?
The cross trainer kills me! I could quite easily stop at 15 mins if i let myself!
Thats really good that you can do 6.5 incline! Im rubbish at walking uphill!

Thanks so much for all the advice! Minimins is such as valuable wealth of information :)

what gym do you use??

To loose a pound a week you need to burn off 3500 calories, or 500 a day.;):D

So to loose 2lbs, its double, so if you did 500 of those in food and 500 in exercise the weight should come off.

I do 1500 cals a day and try to burn 500 cals, so my actual intake is closer to 1000. I am loosing between 1-2lbs a week on average.

Back