• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How much food should i be eating?

Jinjanut

Could anyone please tell me how much food I should be eating? I am 12 weeks out this week but had to have a dilatation last week so I have only just started to keep food down. I have been told to eat soft foods only for 2 weeks afterwards. I have been trying to get protein down so have been having the following:

Cubes of cheese (sucking these)
Thin slices of smoked salmon
Cauliflower cheese
Low fat soft cheese
Eggs are hit and miss (one day fine and the other they come back up)
Yogurt
Mashed avocado
Very soft vegetables
Low fat custard
Mashed potato

But how much should I be eating at each meal? I can manage a couple of teaspoons ok - is this enough?

Thanks all and enjoy the sunshine and Easter! Xx

Jinjanut as you say you've had to have a dilation i'm guessing that a few teaspoons if not making you feel sick/full is a good start. How many meals a day are you having? I would again think you would need more than three, but obviously listen to your own body.

I hope the stretch has sorted out your issues now, xx

Thanks Phatmomma. I am worried about eating too much or the wrong food that will make me put weight back on? Is that normal? Xxx

yes very normal jinjanut i am week 12 .......i am worrying like mad xx

Hi Tracy, what sort of food are you eating now. I am trying to stick to proteins mainly but have started having soft fruit too. I can't believe how sweet bananas taste now xx

Back