• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How much help post op?

candie

fabby not flabby :)
I live on my own and am prob having my bypass in April.Mum said I can go and stay at hers post op,but i'm wondering how much care I will need?:confused:
I could prob manage there a couple of days but like my home comforts, although Mum's great and her house is gorg;):D

Hi Candie I was on my own post op and managed fine, only snag I had was when I wanted something from the shops and my son was too grumpy to go the short drive to get it as he was working nights, other than that I did everything myself. If you get the chance to be pampered for a few days I would go for it though lol..xx

I couldn't have coped alone for the first few days. Mostly because bending down is not allowed, so if you drop anything etc, you're scuppered! You won't need much actual care, but you might find it helpful to have someone help you with making meals/drinks etc, and doing housework. Luckily my mother hired a cleaner for me for 8 sessions post op :D

After the first few days, you should be fine.

Back