• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How Much Is Too Much?

vanilla-cupcake

My weight loss has come to a halt :sigh: so im rethinking my food and portions sizes!!

So tonight for dinner im making, chicken, brocolli, turnip, oven roasted carrots, baby potatoes & gravy

How much of this should I be having (Im a bander) I've obviously been eating too much hense the no weight loss so I just wanna see how much you think I should be eating of this compared to what I would have put out for myself had I not asked you lot

Thanks
Kate x

Last edited:
hi kate how tight is your band? if i was having your tea i would have one slice of chicken one potatoe[small] half a carrot same same with other veg . if you dont have much restriction it may be why your not loosing but eat untill you are full eat slowly so your brain catches up with your tummy, dont limit yourself because you may then bemore tempted to pick in the evening i eat out of a small bowl and i had it full of casserole and just finished it all so i know i need my next fill , may also be worth trying to play around with the order you eat your food in as somethings will slide thru others wont if i eat meat first im fuller longer

Hi serenity, I have 4mls in my 10ml band so NO restriction at all, I rang THG yesterday and begged them for another fill as my next one isn't until 17th Oct so they said they will put 1ml in on Saturday but thats it as they dont want to leave me too tight.

I cannot believe that is all you could eat of my meal, I can eat sooooo much more than that, I cannot wait to be fully restricted

Cant help with your meal as Im not a bander, but just wishing you luck and hope your weight shifts its butt soon for you :D

Hopefully the mini fill will help

use a smaller plate to gain control of portion sizes, here is a pic of 2 plates the blue plate is the plate i used b4 banding and i filled that and piled it high, the white plate is my new plate which i try to keep the food in the inner circle of the plate, the white plate is the same size as my 8 year old sons plate, big difference in portion and volume, this helps me keep control of the amount eaten at meal times.
click on the thumbnail below....

Attachments

• portion plates.jpg
    portion plates.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 36
use a smaller plate to gain control of portion sizes, here is a pic of 2 plates the blue plate is the plate i used b4 banding and i filled that and piled it high, the white plate is my new plate which i try to keep the food in the inner circle of the plate, the white plate is the same size as my 8 year old sons plate, big difference in portion and volume, this helps me keep control of the amount eaten at meal times.
click on the thumbnail below....

Thanks Liz, just checked out the pic's of the plates, the plate I am using is smaller again than the white plate, I use a side plate, i'll take a pic so see what you think and post it on here

Thanks Liz, just checked out the pic's of the plates, the plate I am using is smaller again than the white plate, I use a side plate, i'll take a pic so see what you think and post it on here

if its smaller than my white plate i cant see there being a prob then x

unless shes a mastermind at getting it to touch the ceiling with food :rotflmao: and I know shes not that daft ...:p:D

Hi Liz, here is a pic of my plate, its the smaller one, I just measured it, the inside rim to rim (inside the dots) is 4 3/4" so not sure if its is smaller than yours it maybe just looks it :)

Attachments

• IMG_0822.JPG
    IMG_0822.JPG
    259.2 KB · Views: 29
my inside rim is 6" lol

LOL

lol what you pair like! ;-0

Back