• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am i doiing ok??

dsarah1977

H im a bit stuck some days i feel i dint eat enough other days feel im over eating imean on a typical day i have porridge,pasts salad with chicken and dinner chicken iina sauce sometimes may have the odd thing nbetween but im not always hungry,im finding when have protein that my restriction is bad i get a pain and i know to stop and also when i drink cant take much down but last nght had fresh juice and and manged alot of it this new stomach of mine is very confusing also started walking more this week im off 4 a long walk at lunchtime xx

Sounds like you are doing just fine. I have a bypass not a sleeve but what you describes sounds normal. You didn't mention having fruit & veg, make sure you do as having a balance is at the core of good nutrition. If you find that you don't have room for them, try cutting out your simple carbs (pasta). You will have days where you can eat loads and others when you can't, that is normal but just try for a balance. I would ask you if you are chewing well (20-30 times per bite) and taking small bites (size of eraser on the tip of a pencil) if you are experiencing pain when eating solid protein, that is usually the cause and not the protein itself but how you are eating. Hope that helps.

Nic:D

Hi Sarah :)

I keep a small bowl of grapes and cherries or a shopped up orange next to me with my bottle of water throughout the day and nibble at it here and there to get the fruit in. I also have the birds eye steam veg bags to pop in the micro to make sure I am getting veggies as I am the only veg eater in the house and buying and preping it just for me sometimes isnt worth it. Also i recently found that homemade coleslaw seems to go down easy, you can make a tub of it and keep it int he fridge for a few days, use light mayo though and not a lot of it.

Well done with your weightloss :)

Hi Sarah. You're doing fine xx

I'm 7 months gone and still some things are great one day and can't stomach the next. Your tastes will change and settle down eventually. Don't worry just yet, just stop as soon as you feel a full 'feeling'. It won't be the same as before, but you'll learn to know when you're going to get full. If you can stop before you start to get uncomfortable, then you're managing to tame the beast!

Back