• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How to arrange your first fill?

Hanako

Hi,
I have had the gastric band at Dolan Park. During discharge meeting they told me that the dietician will contact me within a week or two and arrange the date for the fill. Now I am more than 2 weeks after the surgery and no one has contacted me yet. I know that it is still too early to have the fill now, but I was told that you have to book early for the London clinic because they are busy, so I think if I want to have a fill in two weeks time, maybe I should start arranging it now. Is here anyone else with the hospital group? How did you arrange the first fill? Did the dietician contact you? Is anyone here attending the London clinic? How quickly can you get the appointment?

Hi,
I had my band on the 23rd Oct. My provider wrote to me last week (@ 18 days post op) and my first fill is on the 7th Dec. Not with the hospital group so they might be different. Was told from my provider that this is the norm! Hope it helps.
Jo

Hi,
I have had the gastric band at Dolan Park. During discharge meeting they told me that the dietician will contact me within a week or two and arrange the date for the fill. Now I am more than 2 weeks after the surgery and no one has contacted me yet. I know that it is still too early to have the fill now, but I was told that you have to book early for the London clinic because they are busy, so I think if I want to have a fill in two weeks time, maybe I should start arranging it now. Is here anyone else with the hospital group? How did you arrange the first fill? Did the dietician contact you? Is anyone here attending the London clinic? How quickly can you get the appointment?

When I was discharged from hospital I had a letter sent asking me to go for my first fill ( about 2 weeks afterwards - I would book it asap then at least u will have a date - first fill is normally done about 6 weeks after surgery. xxx ( sorry not sure if ur nhs or private)

Ditto...just give them a call and they will arrange your dietician and fill appointments x

Hi.

I am with THG and was banded at Dolan Park on the 2nd of Nov. Both my adviser and a nurse phoned me a few days later to find out how I was doing. I have received an email for a dietician appt at the time of payment, so even before the op!! I will also attend their London clinic as I live in Ealing. My adviser told me I would receive an appt for my first fill at the end of Nov. First fill will be early Dec.
How are you coping with the soft diet? Today was my first day on it and could only manage 1/2 a small plate of fish and spinach. I was so full afterwards. I have a 10ml band with 4ml added at time of operation.
Take care.

Gerry xxx

Hi.

I am with THG and was banded at Dolan Park on the 2nd of Nov. Both my adviser and a nurse phoned me a few days later to find out how I was doing. I have received an email for a dietician appt at the time of payment, so even before the op!! I will also attend their London clinic as I live in Ealing. My adviser told me I would receive an appt for my first fill at the end of Nov. First fill will be early Dec.
How are you coping with the soft diet? Today was my first day on it and could only manage 1/2 a small plate of fish and spinach. I was so full afterwards. I have a 10ml band with 4ml added at time of operation.
Take care.

Gerry xxx

That's interesting. The advisor did not call me at all, only the nurse from hospital called me once. And I have not received any email from dietician when I booked the surgery. It seems that their after care is a bit random. I will call them or email them then.

I love soft diet. Well, relatively. Hundred times better than liquid, at least for me. I had lots of yoghurt, mashed potato, readybrek...

I struggle to get used to small portions. I don't eat as much as I ate before, but unfortunately eat until I am uncomfortably full. (Luckily it is not coming back up, but then I feel quite overeaten.) I am not recognising the signals until it is late. :( I will have to work on that.

I have 3 ml in 10 ml band.

H. xxx

Hi hun - give them a ring. Aftercare team phone number is 0845 124 9234.
London clinic is indeed very busy, especially for the weekends. I was 3 weeks out when they rang me but could only book next saturday and it had to be the hammersmith clinic cos weymouth street clinic was fully booked for like 2 months! I didn't know they did fills in the hammersmith clinic so i was pleasantly surprised but the dietician is in the other one so i couldn't arrange an appointment with her the same day as my fill so i'll have that on the phone on monday. i'll aim to book the next ones while i'm there next weekend! good luck xxx

Back