• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How much time did you have off of work?

cherryvenom

I've just let my manager know that I'll be going in for my surgery on November 23rd and I was unsure how long to tell her I'll be off.

She seems to think they can "work around me" so I don't have to take holiday. While that's a nice gesture it also means I won't get paid :(

How long did you guys take off of work after surgery? (Especially sleevers)

The Hospital gave me a 4 week sick note, I went back after 3 and a half weeks, but only because I had worked out a schedule with my manager to start on half days and build up to fulltime over a 4 week period.

I'm a sleever! Had one week off work, one week working from home (currently!) - so two away from the office. I feel ready to go back on Monday. I guess it depends on what you do - if you have to lift anything then I reckon you will need longer off. If, like me, you sit at a computer all day, then you'll be ready to go back sooner.

My team were happy to write a sick note for up to 6 weeks but I didn't want to have to go on to SSP. And I also think now I would be so bored!

I think it's up to you really. Only you will know how you feel. I only started working from home as I was bored!

Good to see your doing so well slinky was it the spire who would do you the sick note for up to six weeks? Xx

I'm so unsure what to expect? I don't want to give my manager an unrealistic timescale but I don't want to rush back!

My surgeon TOLD me from the start to book 8 weeks off and that never changed so told my manager and they were fine with that

Monalisa - yes it was the spire that asked how long I wanted. I reckon they would have done longer than 6 weeks had a wanted it. X

I had my op on a Monday, left the Hospital on Tuesday and was working from home on Wednesday. I was back in the office the following Monday.

Other then the day of my op and the day after where I felt like death, I felt fine. the hardest thing to do at work for me is finding the right things to eat, make sure you are prepared!

I was at Spire S'hampton and the surgeon told me 2 weeks as I had a desk job. A lot depends on the type of work you do.

I work in retail. It's not a strenuous job by far but occasionally we'll have weekly delivery and in the run up to Christmas we are getting busier.
Two weeks sounds about right

Back