• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how long off work after op?

approx 5 weeks but i had a bad time ie massive internal bleed 4 water infections, i think i went back to early but im now 10 weeks and feel really good still tired but then i work full time and i was tired before my op xxxxxx

Thanks, I know everyone will b diffrent but just for idea. I'm a nurse and work full time doing 13 hr shifts so tiredness may b an issue! But fingers crossed it will all b worth it!
Am x

I had keyhole surgery and went back just under 3 weeks after my op.
I have quite a sedentary office job, and struggled at first with tiredness.

i went back after 2 weeks and i drive a skip lorry had no probs whatsoever but we all heal differently good luck

As everyone says - everyone is different.
I had 4 weeks off. felt very tired the first week, getting better now. Do also agree depends on your job.
Good Luck with your op

going back next week after having 6 weeks off. I really feel like it's going to test me physically, energy levels are an issue and if i get too tired i start to feel ill x

I was told 6-8 weeks post op but quite a physical job. Now I'm not working it will be easier to decide if I ready to job hunt or not!

Tatiana

Back