• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How much?

Gnomes

Just wondering how much people had to have put into their band to find the 'sweet' spot and feel it actually working for you?

I have 7.75ml and I'm still waiting :cry:

I am at my ultimate level for me at 10.5 mils in my 14 mil band...only tight for about one week out of four. Suits me just perfectly. Never ever been at the level of restriction that I can only eat a teeny weeny plateful. All our bodies are 'wants' are different though. It will come for you too gnomes :)

What size is your band? I've got a 10ml band with 7ml in, and dont get huge restriction all the time! I'm thinking of getting another fill, not sure how much more i'll have to get before I find my sweet spot!
Lilypersian

Who decides what size band gets put in? Is it down to height or initial size or target weight?

The surgeon will often have preferences, mine said he normally always uses the large size (14ml) but it is also down to what size you are to start with.

With regards to the OP and the sweet spot, don't compare yours to anyone else because it really is an individual thing. I had no restriction in my band until my 4th fill, to that point I had 7.5mls in a 14ml band, then went up to 9mls which took me to a level of too much restriction. That has now all gone and I've had another 0.5mls in so am at 9.5mls in my 14ml band, but I'm back feeling not a great level of restriction although I'm now just getting back to normal foods which is when I can really tell.

I will start doing the tuna and prawn test as that is something that now tells me what sort of restriction I have.

did you get any restriction after your band was fitted?

how long was it before you noticed you were eating less/losing weight.

I can eat so much bread and pasta - I am hoping when I get my band I won't be able to do this.

There was some tightening, but for me when the swelling had gone down, I was able to eat whatever food I wanted, and despite having a fill at 5 weeks, 7 weeks and another at month 4, taking me to the 7.5mls I had no restriction. To that point I could eat any foods that I wanted and quite big amounts, it was only through strict portion control, limiting myself to specific amounts of carbs, protein etc that prevented me from doing so.

limiting in that way and doing lots of exercise I have lost consistently from the time of surgery. It was coming in on average 3-4lb each week, with one week each month being a 1lb loss, but this has now evened out to a 2lb loss weekly.

The band is not the answer to eating issues, it is simply a tool, and you will need to be prepared to reduce those foods, reduce the portion sizes and make better choices otherwise you will be saying "my band doesn't work" when it in reality is you not working with the band :)

I agree with Kat

I honestly don't believe people when they say the band doesn't work for them,you have to wok with it to get good results
I only have 5ml in my 9ml band as my band rejects anymore so that is the tightest I can ever be which is fine with me as I'm getting the results I wanted x
Also my surgeon told me the size of band u get us determined by the size of your stomach
How I ended up with a small size ill never know lol xx

Back