• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Who's pinched my restriction??

bexxx1978

Hello all Bandits! I need a little advice please...I have 7.75ml in my 10ml band (had a small fill last wed).
The 0.25ml fill made a lot of difference and the band had more restriction than i have ever had - couldnt manage things like scrambled egg(Iwas very pleased!).
Yesterday and today however the restriction seems to have slackened right off. I had a jacket potato for Lunch with Tuna and ate the lot....didn't feel full and nothing got stuck....thought i would try a killer food and had a snack sausage roll - it went down fine! I have never been able to tolerate anything like that since having the band!
Any ideas??? Will it be back to normal tomorrow and just realaxed due to having a relaxing weekend?
the other thing is this happened last weekend too and came back when i had my fill
I am going to ring WLS and ask them but thought i would ask u guys too!

Yes I have an idea, jacket potato with tuna and sausage rolls are slider foods.

If you were to eat something more textured it might be a different story.

For instance a chicken salad for lunch.

Try some 'good' band food and see how it goes x

Ah slider food, its a whole new world. It's hard getting your head around slider food, textured food filling food and comfy eating food!!!

Yes Bex I tried chicken salad today after that top up and it was having none of it...yet can eat a biscuit etc easy! I often test with a slice of toast! If I can struggle on a slice I know it's working!!!
I'm back on milk etc for a bit to settle again!!! Let me know how you get on x

Thank you guys for ur info! I am honestly having a real mare with my new best friend at the min! I had the 'slider' food as I was still on the soft stage after having my fill BUT last night my band got its restriction back!!!! AND NOW....It's gone OTT I can't eat a sodding thing! Back to liquids. For 3 days as i have sone nothing but be sick. Tom soup is again on my menu! They advised I could have air in my band from my fill or from my last fill! this in turn can change the restriction! NUTS!!!! But at least I know what's happening now! If it is air I may need another fill after it has settled down!
Another learning curve for me- they certainly keep coming!!!!!
Hope everyone else is doing well :)
Xx

For me salad always goes down no problems but potatoes get stuck. How odd!

Salad does for me too but as an accompniment to a protein rich food its a good band choice.

I can manage jacket potato but not chips, roasties or boiled - too heavy and starchy.

I can also eat bread if it's left to soak in soup but I can't eat chips or roast potatoes anymore and potato crisps I can't manage either

Back