• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How pureed does it have to be??

Lori1964

Hi everyone. Just a quick question. I have made spaghetti Bolognese for dinner and there will be sauce left over. As my surgeon said I would be on sloppies after 48-72 hours I thought I may as well puree this and freeze in readiness. The question I have is with it having mince in, although I have thinned it and it is really sloppy and I have throughly blended it, there are still very very small pieces of mince. Is this ok or does it need to be totally smooth for the first stages of sloppy food?

Sorry if this seems a daft question but I thought I better check.

Many thanks
Lorna:p

Last edited:
I have been told to be on liquids (soups and drinks) for a month. Put it through a sieve if you are not sure. You really really don't want to get anything stuck at this stage in the game while you are recovering.
I'd say totally smooth, but you'd be as well to check with the surgeon. You'll have time to do that as you take tiny sips of water in hospital after the op.

I'm on puree now and its so hard but at the start it should be completly smooth but towards the end you could start to have lumpy bits as you move up to soft

so amazing how different hospitals have such different stages, enjoy that spag bol when you get to eat it x

Back