• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how soon can i drive??

barbara18

im five weeks post op and i just wanted to know how soon can i drive??, i cant currently drive but was taking driving lessons before op and want to get back to them asap. if anyone had any info would be much appreciated. many thanks xx

Didn't want to read & run hun.
Sorry I don't know the answer. After previous abdominal surgery I've been told 2wks. Added to that it's pretty stressful when you're learning...
Why don't you give your team a quick ring..I'm sure it's not the 1st time they'll have answered that question.
Good luck
xx

It probably depends whether your op was open or laprascopic BUT also how you feel.

I was fine after a week with my band but after my hysterectomy I waited for around 6 weeks - until I was comfortable doing an emergency stop.

Do you feel ready?

Hi my surgeon told me i had to be able to do an emergency stop,

i was told when ur wounds have healed and u can make an emergency brake...around 10 days for me

i was told 2weeks but its important you follow the advice of your own surgical team.

i was told two weeks for lap and 6 for open good luck xxx

Back